Hi all picked up my 19 plate Golf R DSG today ,moved on from Focus Rs Edition and in the short 50 mile trip i am well impressed with the build quality and performance.No doubt I’ll have questions in the coming days and weeks ahead just bear with another newbie.it’s a bit of a step up from my first golf  mk1 gti but it was an early one called power something can’t quite remember at it was 1982.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Thorny2051 said:

Can’t post pictures yet as I don’t have a photo hosting account and all my photos are on I- phone which you can’t upload from ,hopefully soon,needs cleaning already lots of dead insects on white paintwork.

You can use this photo hosting site which is free https://postimages.org

Once you get to 25 posts here you will be able to upload directly from your phone/device as the ‘choose files’ link will become available. 

Look forward to seeing the photos.  😊

On 09/09/2021 at 19:13, Thorny2051 said:

Hi all picked up my 19 plate Golf R DSG today ,moved on from Focus Rs Edition and in the short 50 mile trip i am well impressed with the build quality and performance.No doubt I’ll have questions in the coming days and weeks ahead just bear with another newbie.it’s a bit of a step up from my first golf  mk1 gti but it was an early one called power something can’t quite remember at it was 1982.

Welcome.:welcome:

How does it compare to the RS?

On 09/09/2021 at 19:13, Thorny2051 said:

Welcome to the forum, what’s your initial thoughts, better or worse than the Focus RS?

Well the quality is miles better than the RS and the Golf will stay in a straight line under hard acceleration from 0-80 as the torque vectoring on RS made the car veer from side to side unless on billiard flat road so I,m happy to get rid of the veering steering as it’s called.It will take time to get the seat in the right place so I’m comfortable and the only niggle so far is the stop/start is too eager to cut the engine at every stop,currently turning it off when starting up,But I’ve read it can be  permanently turned off although don’t think there’s anyone in Leicester with the kit to do it.

It’s a 19 plate pure white with Pretoria gloss black wheels ,Programable suspension settings,Dynaudio,sadly no reverse camera- on doing some research will cost £500 and looks a right faff to install,it’s a shame the cables weren’t fitted when built and they just left the camera off for an easy upgrade.