Tyre cleaning

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Then you’re only doing half the job!  😁  A bit like cleaning your feet then putting on dirty socks!     I always clean tyres and dress them as part of car washing, it lifts the whole car.  I

303 is great for arches (and many other things).    But don’t overwhelm @Raiden he’s just coming to terms with the prospect of having clean tyres. 😂

Its only for those with a Rubber fetish 🤐🤣

16 minutes ago, Raiden said:

b9ab26dad97846e7e7103a6ff9fd4569.jpg

I love cleaning my car but wheels is my least favourite job. I’ll always do the alloys but tyres I never bother with. I’m just curious how many people clean and dress them? Am I missing out emoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then you’re only doing half the job!  😁  A bit like cleaning your feet then putting on dirty socks!  

I always clean tyres and dress them as part of car washing, it lifts the whole car.  I use Gyeon Tire Cleaner first when at the washing stage (I wash wheels first and clean tyres at that stage).  When the whole car is done, I dress tyres with Gyeon Tire, there’s two versions and both are good but I prefer the Gyeon Tire Express.  

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/gyeon-q-m-tire-cleaner

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/search/?query=Gyeon%20tire%20dressing

Car washing isn’t finished until your tyres are dressed.  IMO!  

A clean tyre is a happy tyre!  😂

51109462039_771b4e07e6_o.jpg

51443662768_fed95359f0_o.jpg

51098653306_97b9c7bbdc_o.jpg

I used GYEON tyre cleaner now and then, I use KKD brake away and find it does a great job on the tyres too. I used a pump sprayer and whack it on both wheel and tyre - does a great job when scrubs with a a sturdy tyre brush (cheap scrubbing brush). 
I didn’t ever bother till last year, but notice how well the dressing adheres and looks after a good scrubadub!

(+1 more vote for GYEON tyre express!)

6 minutes ago, Raiden said:

The tyres I’ve had are almost 3 years old and looking a bit dull. Was debating if it was worth cleaning them up but dunno if I can be bothered emoji85.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well you’re obviously thinking about it.  😁  it’s never too late!  Get it done, give them a good scrub and dress them, they will look better.   

18 minutes ago, RazR said:

...also, don't forget the arches! Clean and then spray with AG Vinyl and Rubber or Aerospace 303 Protectant.

The arches really are the final touch!

303 is great for arches (and many other things). 

But don’t overwhelm @Raiden he’s just coming to terms with the prospect of having clean tyres. 😂

I use diluted Bilt Hamber Surfex HD on the tyres and wheel arches with a brush every wash, followed by a tyre dressing.

One tip I found for applying tyre dressing is to move the car after the main application,  so that the tyres are rotated 180 degrees to finish off areas you missed in the main application (so bottom of tyre now becomes the top) 🙂.   Also helps with alloy cleaning / protection too.  Getting harder to do these days though !!  - used to be handbrake off with no engine start required and a slight roll forwards or back. 

14 hours ago, RazR said:

...also, don't forget the arches! Clean and then spray with AG Vinyl and Rubber or Aerospace 303 Protectant.

14 hours ago, Booth11 said:

303 is great for arches (and many other things). 

Slightly off topic, has anyone used 303 all surface interior cleaner?

I keep it simple - APC (I use Greenstar at 1:10 but you could use Surfex HD etc.) plus a tyre brush. Scrub till it goes a bit brown and rinse. In theory, you repeat till there is no brown in the foam ...

I then use CarPro Perl at 1:1, apply with a bit of sponge and give a quick buff a minute or two later.

I've stopped doing it now because I have an older car and also because the tyre brush disappeared in June after I washed the Golf to take pictures to sell it. I just know the second I order a new brush, the old one will appear ...

6 hours ago, JonnyG said:

I use diluted Bilt Hamber Surfex HD on the tyres and wheel arches with a brush every wash, followed by a tyre dressing.

One tip I found for applying tyre dressing is to move the car after the main application,  so that the tyres are rotated 180 degrees to finish off areas you missed in the main application (so bottom of tyre now becomes the top) 🙂.   Also helps with alloy cleaning / protection too.  Getting harder to do these days though !!  - used to be handbrake off with no engine start required and a slight roll forwards or back. 

+1 for Surfex HD and quick scrub with a stiff brush,only takes 30 seconds each wheel extra doing the tyres.