Clutch slip or traction control?

Hi guys,

I’ve just recently had a JB1 fitted on my Manual Mk7 Golf R (stock clutch). I was originally running the default map 1, I’ve since set it to a custom map 6. 

When I give it some occasionally the revs will rise, and then fall and then rise again. Is this a symptom of clutch slip or is this just the traction control kicking in?

Thanks

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks, must be clutch slip then as no light flashing on the dash and just had Haldex serviced. 

4 hours ago, elliottsmith said:

Hi guys,

I’ve just recently had a JB1 fitted on my Manual Mk7 Golf R (stock clutch). I was originally running the default map 1, I’ve since set it to a custom map 6. 

When I give it some occasionally the revs will rise, and then fall and then rise again. Is this a symptom of clutch slip or is this just the traction control kicking in?

Thanks

If you have wheelspin when you give it some and the traction control flashes on the dash, that could be a symptom that the Haldex isn't working and you're actually driving the front wheels only. But from what you've described sounds like clutch slip.

If I understood your first post you are getting increased and then dropping revs that do not match what the car is actually doing.

This to me is really clutch slip.

I recommend the RTS twin friction, I have one myself and very happy with the weight and feel of it. Unfortunately the clutch as stock isn't up to much when you tune the car.

I’m in agreement with the others on clutch slip - especially if you’re getting revs rising in higher gears. I had a Sachs organic clutch in mine when I had it. Heavy at first but after correct running in period, it had improved immensely to the point where I didn’t even notice it and it felt stock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk