VW All-In plan - views?

Hi,

Im just after some objective opinions on the VW-All-In service plan.

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/owners-and-drivers/servicing/service-plans/all-in.html?gclsrc=aw.ds&gclid=Cj0KCQjws4aKBhDPARIsAIWH0JVhTj2LBWumVJbxNpJgXFfNh1PZYOv_-nxlECKO1APtpz-5Xh1cficaAj5uEALw_wcB

I was planning on keeping my 2017 FL (unless it climbs back up to 40k in value lol).   I've got 5 years factory warranty (June 2022), a local dealer service plan (June 2022) and VW breakdown cover (June 2022).   

If this product remains available i quite like the idea for the main fact id be extending the warranty, and retaining all other benefits for what seem a decent £33pm.  There's a minor inconvenience of booking the car in for a check.

I started reading the small print of the warranty thinking i bet its not like for like,  Im not really sure. Seems to be a 5k claim limit.  Would help but perhaps not fully cover a large ticket item? Would also need to keep away from remaps i guess.

I believe it can be transferred to a new owner if the original owner pays the £33x24 month balance.

Has anyone seen any flaws or took this VW-All-In plan on?

Cheers

Richard

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it’s a good deal. When VW previously offered the 2 year extended warranty as an option when purchasing new it was £500 on its own.   If the package is still available in a year when my

My car has not been anywhere near VW since I bought it new. I wouldn't even take it there if they offered me a free service tbh. I know some dealers are more diligent than others but I have personal e

Cheers all for the comments, Happy to make the judgement call.  Obviously, have mixed views and experiences with VW.  My partner has switched away from the dealer we both use (to a different vw d

26 minutes ago, Richard_Nottm said:

Hi,

Im just after some objective opinions on the VW-All-In service plan.

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/owners-and-drivers/servicing/service-plans/all-in.html?gclsrc=aw.ds&gclid=Cj0KCQjws4aKBhDPARIsAIWH0JVhTj2LBWumVJbxNpJgXFfNh1PZYOv_-nxlECKO1APtpz-5Xh1cficaAj5uEALw_wcB

I was planning on keeping my 2017 FL (unless it climbs back up to 40k in value lol).   I've got 5 years factory warranty (June 2022), a local dealer service plan (June 2022) and VW breakdown cover (June 2022).   

If this product remains available i quite like the idea for the main fact id be extending the warranty, and retaining all other benefits for what seem a decent £33pm.  There's a minor inconvenience of booking the car in for a check.

I started reading the small print of the warranty thinking i bet its not like for like,  Im not really sure. Seems to be a 5k claim limit.  Would help but perhaps not fully cover a large ticket item? Would also need to keep away from remaps i guess.

I believe it can be transferred to a new owner if the original owner pays the £33x24 month balance.

Has anyone seen any flaws or took this VW-All-In plan on?

Cheers

Richard

There’s a few comments in here on the All-in plan, might be useful?  

e

You'd have to do the maths tbh. It could be justified if something like your thermostat housing goes. Given there's a £5k limit, would that cover a gearbox replacement? I've never taken out an extended warranty as I've never felt I needed one. I'm guessing that the payments are for two years which if so, totals about £800. You can get your two services, two MOTs and roadside assistance for less if you shop around yourself. I've always used an indy garage for servicing as from personal experience, main dealers are overrated, sloppy and don't generally know what they're on about as well as trying to rip me off to the tune off £900. MOTs are cheap anyway and you can get a good breakdown service by shopping around. Personally, I'd avoid it - just more money that VW are trying to get from you. Incidentally - the guy that bought my R was swung by the fact that I used an indy garage that he uses himself.

2 hours ago, camelsac2002 said:

Given there's a £5k limit, would that cover a gearbox replacement?

I understood that the limit for consequential damage was £5000, and the claim limit for the policy the market value of the vehicle with the All In package. 

If you’ve found the flaw @camelsac2002 please share….I m always looking for the faults when something seems almost too good to be true😂

I understood that the limit for consequential damage was £5000, and the claim limit for the policy the market value of the vehicle with the All In package. 
If you’ve found the flaw [mention=19829]camelsac2002[/mention] please share….I m always looking for the faults when something seems almost too good to be true

I’ve heard of the clutch packs going and Mechatronic issues but obviously not as much as the manual clutches! If it’s that reliable, you won’t need the extra warranty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My car has not been anywhere near VW since I bought it new. I wouldn't even take it there if they offered me a free service tbh. I know some dealers are more diligent than others but I have personal experience of incompetence, negligence and over charging. This is not just restricted to VW either, it applies to most manufacturers dealers - the service staff don't tend to stay that long with a brand, hence they don't build up the experience that a decent indie has of a certain model (especially for previous generation models).

Just my 2p worth.

Cheers all for the comments,

Happy to make the judgement call.  Obviously, have mixed views and experiences with VW.  My partner has switched away from the dealer we both use (to a different vw dealer) and is really happy with them.

The warranty sounds suitable enough for 90% of situations and only assists the big ticket items, but its not true like for like warranty.

Will ponder.

My car has not been anywhere near VW since I bought it new. I wouldn't even take it there if they offered me a free service tbh. I know some dealers are more diligent than others but I have personal experience of incompetence, negligence and over charging. This is not just restricted to VW either, it applies to most manufacturers dealers - the service staff don't tend to stay that long with a brand, hence they don't build up the experience that a decent indie has of a certain model (especially for previous generation models).

Just my 2p worth.

I don’t blame you. I think I mentioned elsewhere that my cousin worked for various main dealerships as a mechanic - he’s a bonafide mechanic unlike some of the people at the dealerships. He never earned as much money as some of his counterparts - the reason? Certain procedures were given a time span for that operation. If the “technician” used the full time scale, they’d get a bonus because it generated revenue based on extortionate hourly labour rates and my cousin refused to do it. He eventually left and now works for a family owned Peugeot dealership that doesn’t rip people off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk