Broker 4 cars

Has anybody on here ordered a new R from this company?

I placed an order in March paying a small deposit and a broker fee, I have now been informed that the car has arrived at the dealers, however the way the operate, they do not disclose the dealer,the balance is paid to them, they then pay the dealer and the car is delivered to my door on a trailer.  
I am just not comfortable with wiring them over £35k without even seeing the car. 
any advice would be appreciated. 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for all your replies folks l called the broker this morning and expressed my concerns  they were very helpful and are going to arrange finance on the vehicle with one of there associa

Spec is  black paint  performance pack  winter pack  DDC  I fancied the leather option as well as am not to keen on the standard seat design but I couldn’t justify the price t

Maybe I’m old fashioned, but I prefer not to pay for things in advance….. so when I buy a new car the funds are transferred when I’m in the showroom to collect my new car. 

Posted Images

I have no knowledge of this company but I would be very wary of handing over that sort of cash without seeing the car either at the dealer and driving it home or on my drive.

Even if you paid the deposit by credit card the cost is over £30K so Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act does not apply.  I'm not sure if it would anyway as you are paying a third party.

Any reliable reviews anywhere for this company, not on their website.?

When I do a PCH the deposit of X months rental is not due until the car has been delivered.

I'm sure others on here who use DtheD  or similar will explain how they work.

Thanks for your response dollyman 

There are plenty of good reviews of the company on the review centre website bur I can’t seem to find any elsewhere apart from on their own site. 

Deposit was paid by credit card however I am buying the car outright via a personal loan so there is no finance company involved. 

Whilst irrelevant in your case the CCA makes the card company liable for the full amount up to £30K in the event of a failure to deliver if a credit card was used to pay £100 or more of the total cost.  I've had to use it recently when a travel company went bust and HSBC refunded all the cost.

See attached for how Dthe D works, this looks much safer than the way you are having to do it.

870612805_Screenshot2021-09-15at23_31_33.thumb.png.d0385c9c84fc88b0f17541bb79222a5d.png

Doesn’t help the OP with their enquiry I’m afraid but yes that’s exactly how DTD deal works.  The supplying dealer handles it all after the initial DTD order enquiry contact, including confirming the order and taking the deposit.  I’ve bought two cars via DTD (both cash purchases) paying deposit and full balance direct to the supplying dealership.  

Thanks for your replys 

My deal does include RFL, I orderd back in March and it was part of the deal at the time, they have also given me the reg of the car,asked me to insure it and then send them the cover note so as it can be taxed. 

Am in two minds whither  to proceed or not, just looking to find anybody that has used them before to give me a bit assurance. 

I think a better option would be a change of tact and NOT to pay for the car outright in cash, so you are not handing over a large sum of money to some own unknown outfit. 
Take the PCP then pay it off within a few days. At least you are paying VW FS rather than a 3rd party broker. 

Is m at a similar situation
importing the car through a parallel dealer

It is all a matter of trust, IMHO.

If they bought a showroom and put a big VW sign outside, you’d have no problem paying them a couple of weeks before delivery (so they can register the car, etc).

I used an importer that a good friend of mine connected me with (who is also a Nurburgring driving guide, so has a reputation to uphold) and I made sure that he is part of the deal (meaning that he gets a commission, so he has to trust him as well).

Can’t tell you it’s 100% safe, nor is a dealer, but I looked online and saw they have a shop as well and work with large fleets (importing Toyota’s mostly), so that helped a bit.

I don’t know if my example helped, but
TL;DR - try to find info about them online, and in forums (like this and others, maybe commercial vehicle forums as well).

You can also ask them for references in the UK so you can do Zoom calls (not phone, so you can see their face) with a couple of people who bought through them, because they are not well known there, but they won’t necessarily agree.

Having waited so long it would be a bit gutting to cancel now, especially if you are happy with the price.

I would do what dopper99 says.  Give Broker 4 Cars a call and just be honest with them and tell them you are a bit wary of paying a third party £35,000 and was not aware this is how it would be paid.   I think it is quite understandable to be cautious.  Tell them you want to finance it with VW Finance PCP instead and then,  if you're happy with the car, settle the PCP within 14 days direct with VW Finance.   

Here we have to pay for a car fully (or have its finance cleared by the bank, even if it is through the dealer) about 1-2 weeks before delivery, as they won’t register it before the purchase is complete (since it get “on the road” and starts aging financially, once registered) and once registered they have a process of completing the importation and paying the tax, so they won’t do that before they get the funds themselves.

So, here it is customary to pay it all 1-2 weeks prior to delivery, as half of it is used to pay taxes.

I know it is different in UK, and am not sure if such import taxes exist in UK (maybe post-brexit) but if they do, and if they shop around between dealer for abandoned deals, maybe that would make sense.

One thing I would not agree to, is a driven delivery.
My importer said they don’t drive the cars to clients and deliver by a carrier truck, but if they ea Ted to,drive it I’d ask them where the car is, and go get it myself.

Having waited so long it would be a bit gutting to cancel now, especially if you are happy with the price.

I would do what dopper99 says.  Give Broker 4 Cars a call and just be honest with them and tell them you are a bit wary of paying a third party £35,000 and was not aware this is how it would be paid.   I think it is quite understandable to be cautious.  Tell them you want to finance it with VW Finance PCP instead and then,  if you're happy with the car, settle the PCP within 14 days direct with VW Finance.   

That actually sounds like a perfect solution
Do the finance thing, that way you share the risk with the financier, and once the car is yours, pay it off (or not, as you prefer).