Jump to content

Advice needed RE selling


Recommended Posts

Hi guys,

 

I am thinking of selling my vw golf r mark 8 2021 plate.

 

Spec as follows:

 

DPB

Performance Pack

Rear view camera

Winter pack (front)

DCC

 

I’ve also got a 2 year service plan with it. Only done 650 miles.

 

Any advice would be appreciated.

 

Thanks 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would sell quick, if you are still thinking of selling.   Coming to the quiet time for car sales, and we all know the chip shortage won't last forever.

Obviously you want the best price you can get and you'll only find that out by trying to sell it.  As above, try Webuyanycar first for an instant quote.    Then get some photos ready and try

There was a more recent Evo review in which they gave it less stars. Consistency not their strongest point.  

Interesting post. We had a few people sell their Toyota GR Yaris's recently for various reasons, after a few months ownership. I was one of them - I went through Motorway first, their offer was too low. I tried 3 Toyota main dealers, the same too low offers. I tried Wizzle, no joy after 4 days, then tried WBAC, who gave me £2k more than I paid for the car. My point is to try several places. All on Autotrader are £40k minimum. I just ordered one for £37k with a few options and a £6k discount. Good luck! 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously you want the best price you can get and you'll only find that out by trying to sell it.  As above, try Webuyanycar first for an instant quote. 

 

Then get some photos ready and try Wizzle and Motorway.   Motorway photos are very specific and you'll need a clean car and a mobile phone to take the photos at the time of applying  👍

 

If you use Wizzle don't put a too low "acceptance price" in as once it is accepted by a dealer no more offers can be made by other dealers.  

 

I sold through Wizzle recently and had a good experience.  Buying dealer arranges pickup etc. from your home and instant bank transfer on pickup (I insisted on that !!) 

 

Also I would highly recommend giving Volkswizard a try too - Andrew bought my RS3 from me in 2015 and was extremely good to deal with and obviously a real VAG fan.  He gave me the best price at the time and then gave me a lift to pick up my new lease Mk 7 R from Inchcape VW.

 

http://www.volkswizard.co.uk/

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/09/2021 at 15:53, StuR said:

I would approach dealers , you may be pleasantly surprised.

Are you not getting on with it ?

 

Thanks for your advice. Absolutely love the car it's great. Just don't get time or the chance to drive it enough as I am always using my van.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, JonnyG said:

Also I would highly recommend giving Volkswizard a try too

 

Haha, didn't you know, Volkswizard hates the Golf R and will probably give you £30K for it! 😁

 

Sorry, but joking apart he doesn't favour very highly on this forum, mainly due to him having a massive chip on his shoulder regarding the R and saying the Clubsport is a much better car.

 

Folks on here like, respect and accept both R and Clubsport are great cars, in slightly different ways. But this guy has a massive downer on the R and constantly jibes about it in nearly every one of his vids.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 26/09/2021 at 09:19, JonnyG said:

Also I would highly recommend giving Volkswizard a try too

 

On 26/09/2021 at 23:24, dopper99 said:

mainly due to him having a massive chip on his shoulder regarding the R and saying the Clubsport is a much better car

 

On the basis of reading @JonnyG's post I immediately submitted a Volkswizard enquiry on my Mk7 R.

I then read @dopper99's post (always, ALWAYS read the whole thread first 😁) and didn't expect to even get a reply!

 

In Andrew's defence, he got back to me super quick (within minutes). He wasn't interested as he said WBAC's quotes were dropping quite fast (backed up by my check a few mins later) but he was very polite and suggested Motorway. Seems like a genuine fella and didn't exhibit any anti-R tendencies!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the recommendations. I did try contacting Andrew and this was the response I got back from him:

 

Hi Guy,

 

I’ve done some research and I’d see your car at £40k in the trade. There will be optimistic asking prices but you need to look a little deeper, this car below is a 21 reg with better spec and has just been reduced £2k. It’s been on sale during a busy period and not not sold at the higher prices and its been at £44k for over a month and the market for cars like these doesn’t get any better towards Christmas. It’s been on sale for 58 days in total. Mileage is a bit higher but by the time I get it to work and on sale the difference won’t influence price more than the spec.

 

The other issue is that independent dealers can’t offer the 4.9% APR that VW can so for any buyers it best just to place a factory order and wait for it to come whenever that maybe, after all nobody really needs a Golf R.

 

Also reviews for the 8 R from evo haven’t been positive, the 3.5/5 they gave it recently won’t help sales and in addition to that, some owners will be rejecting their cars due to issues with the software.

 

Obviously shop around as some dealers will not be as tuned into the market as I am and unlike me are spending someone else’s money.

 

Regards,

Andrew

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, guy1 said:

Thanks for all the recommendations. I did try contacting Andrew and this was the response I got back from him:

 

Hi Guy,

 

I’ve done some research and I’d see your car at £40k in the trade. There will be optimistic asking prices but you need to look a little deeper, this car below is a 21 reg with better spec and has just been reduced £2k. It’s been on sale during a busy period and not not sold at the higher prices and its been at £44k for over a month and the market for cars like these doesn’t get any better towards Christmas. It’s been on sale for 58 days in total. Mileage is a bit higher but by the time I get it to work and on sale the difference won’t influence price more than the spec.

 

The other issue is that independent dealers can’t offer the 4.9% APR that VW can so for any buyers it best just to place a factory order and wait for it to come whenever that maybe, after all nobody really needs a Golf R.

 

Also reviews for the 8 R from evo haven’t been positive, the 3.5/5 they gave it recently won’t help sales and in addition to that, some owners will be rejecting their cars due to issues with the software.

 

Obviously shop around as some dealers will not be as tuned into the market as I am and unlike me are spending someone else’s money.

 

Regards,

Andrew

He must read a different EVO mag to me, just looked on-line and they gave it 4.5/5

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Current Donation Goals

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...