Clean Driving Licence - How Many VWROC Members I Wonder

Struck me reading the comments on a speeding issue earlier that a lot of people seem to have been on speed awareness courses, carrying points etc. 

Not seen a thread that I can recall of, just got me wondering, how many actually have a clean licence, cars are getting quicker probably getting rarer.

I'll start, I'm 23years totally clean, no motoring offences, no speeding etc. actually quite proud of that.

Just be interesting to see are there many others?

Regards

Damian Mac Donagh

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was really funny.   As usual traffic solid in second lane and bus lane empty. I made my way along the bus lane (fairly slowly) as I did every morning on my commute into work, and as I wen

Held a license from April 1981. No points, no fines not even a parking ticket. Just a bit cautious I guess.

My car driving career has been totally fine-free, motorcycling was a different story back when I was young and even more foolish ( I suspect a bit like NRW).    I've been clean for over 40 y

12 years behind the wheel and not so much as a parking ticket. I don't do a huge amount of miles to be fair and like to think I drive fairly responsibly... especially in areas I don't know if you catch my drift...

Definitely had a few close calls though with speeding vans around blind bends/over crests. Think I just got lucky with the direction the camera was pointing or which lane etc.

My car driving career has been totally fine-free, motorcycling was a different story back when I was young and even more foolish ( I suspect a bit like NRW). 

I've been clean for over 40 years now, but my missus reckons it is only a matter of time before I get pinged (but she's been saying that for many years now in a vain attempt to stop me speeding) .  Touch wood I remain unscathed.... I know cruise control has saved me several times since I got the R.