7 Spd DSG maps - Unicorn vs TVS

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would get the ECU & TCU done at the same place, then you get the TCU dialed in to match the ECU tune, one stop shop any issues, closer to home the better, just my 2 pence 👍 Daz B 

So, a bit of an update on this - I decided to go for Unicorn due to their great reputation - plus lets be honest custom maps are way better, in my experience anyway.   Booked in for Stage 1

Yeah I'm on 7 speed, my friend has a JBS demo car and his is 6 speed, feels much more raw compared to the 7 speed but mines much smoother. The cars really fast I opted for a more progressive tune as I

@Dean T How was the Unicorn Map Dean? I went with DMS Automotive as they have a place in the Midlands and near Southampton. Mine went from stock 309 BHP with 450 Nm to 378 BHP and 550 NM. TSU was upgraded also. No probs or error codes. Make sure you upgrade coils and spark plugs

Next is the IC, down pipe and a whole load of handling mods and brakes in April. I'm also looking at possibly going Stage 3.

Not sure if it'll be Hybrid or big turbo yet. Got plenty of time to decide whilst I look forward to the April transformation

20 hours ago, G16OCK said:

JBS auto design mapped my venom 550 and it's amazing

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Glad you like it 👍bet that's fast 🥳 I'm wondering what DSG tune your running and is it 6 or 7 speed? The 6 speed seems to be nailed by many tuners 😎

Yeah I'm on 7 speed, my friend has a JBS demo car and his is 6 speed, feels much more raw compared to the 7 speed but mines much smoother. The cars really fast I opted for a more progressive tune as I didn't want to be buying engines every week ...

I had a stage 2 done by unicorn using a venom 400 about a year ago and that was also very good.

On 10/01/2022 at 11:04, Stevie1982 said:

Curious question, you had used R-Tech previously and seem to have been happy with thier work. How come you haven't used them I was under the impression that they custom tune and opted for Unicorn this time round. 

Cheers 

I really rate R-Tech, they knocked it out of the park with my S3, the maps were spot on and I never had an issue over the many years I ran it.

Unicorn have a pretty good rep for this platform and I know they have previously done some stage 3 R's too so why gamble financially when the path has already been trodden :)

5 hours ago, ArchieD said:

@Dean T How was the Unicorn Map Dean? I went with DMS Automotive as they have a place in the Midlands and near Southampton. Mine went from stock 309 BHP with 450 Nm to 378 BHP and 550 NM. TSU was upgraded also. No probs or error codes. Make sure you upgrade coils and spark plugs

Next is the IC, down pipe and a whole load of handling mods and brakes in April. I'm also looking at possibly going Stage 3.

Not sure if it'll be Hybrid or big turbo yet. Got plenty of time to decide whilst I look forward to the April transformation

I'm there this Friday mate but I'll update this thread with the results.

I'm already running Revo stage 1 as I got very bored of the standard power quite quickly.

Back from Unicorn - great experience, friendly folks and the results were pretty decent too.

381bhp & 387lb/ft

Thats with turbo elbow, muffler delete, TIP and R600.

The car drives much better than it did before as I also had the DSG map done.

I'm happy, pretty much back to the numbers that my S3 was pushing out :D 

Also had a chat about going stage 3 so I have a few things on my shopping list but that wont be able to be put in place until I can get away from Admiral and find a decent insurer, which will be the back end of May 😐 

Edited by Dean T
51 minutes ago, Penguin said:

Nice.  I bet that feels much quicker. 

Out of curiosity, what numbers did your Revo map make on Ricks dyno?  

Revo stage 1 made 363bhp & 360lb/ft, slightly better than I thought to be fair (my bum dyno thought about 350/350) and I had Revo stage 1 done before the elbow and TIP etc was fitted so it may have got a bit more if settings were changed I guess?

I'll get my printout uploaded when I get 5mins - whats the image host to use these days?

On 11/01/2022 at 13:47, G16OCK said:

Yeah I'm on 7 speed, my friend has a JBS demo car and his is 6 speed, feels much more raw compared to the 7 speed but mines much smoother. The cars really fast I opted for a more progressive tune as I didn't want to be buying engines every week ...

I had a stage 2 done by unicorn using a venom 400 about a year ago and that was also very good.

So did JBS do your 7 speed TCU tune?