Third brake light on with indicators

I’ve just noticed that whenever I indicate, my third brake light also illuminates. This is very strange and obviously not normal. I wonder if OBD could have done it when I was changing a few settings last year. Has anyone heard of or come across this before?

• nomisman changed the title to Third brake light on with indicators
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can confirm the OBD app was the problem, now resolved by coding Central Electrics, section 22BR MA57, subsection B22 to "Nicht Aktiv" if anyone else needs it.     

3 hours ago, Trekkkie said:

Could be an earthing issue from the hatch?
I don’t know where the earth is on a Golf, but often on the side panel of the boot behind the carpet

Thanks, I'll look into it. 

I looked at my OBD history and found I used an app in the summer called 'Third brake light with lock/unlock' I wonder if that's related. Unfortunately I can't find the app anymore and with OBD you just don't know how their apps mess things up which is why I stopped using them.

12 hours ago, nomisman said:

I looked at my OBD history and found I used an app in the summer called 'Third brake light with lock/unlock' I wonder if that's related. 

Given that my R flashes the indicators when locking/unlocking it certainly looks related enough to your problem to be very, very suspicious .....

5 hours ago, gregozedobe said:

Given that my R flashes the indicators when locking/unlocking it certainly looks related enough to your problem to be very, very suspicious .....

I would say it odds on that that’s the cause of your problem.Apps on OBD eleven are a nightmare to diagnose what it’s actually changed.