Had a new tyre fitted last week after the nail incident and they also checked all the tyre pressures. Anyway they set them all to 48psi! As this is what it says on the inside of the drivers door 

what a psi are people running on their 19” wheels?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The recommended pressures seem to vary across cars depending on whether they have performance pack, DCC etc, or so it seems judging by discussions in the threads on tyre pressures.  Some peoples were

Mine is Non-PP but has DCC and they are set to 39.... I think that is what I put in them the other week.    As Becs says above, the recommendations differ depending so your sticker will say

Have not looked or checked ours yet. 😅

25 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Had a new tyre fitted last week after the nail incident and they also checked all the tyre pressures. Anyway they set them all to 48psi! As this is what it says on the inside of the drivers door 

what a psi are people running on their 19” wheels?

The recommended pressures seem to vary across cars depending on whether they have performance pack, DCC etc, or so it seems judging by discussions in the threads on tyre pressures.  Some peoples were 39 and others much higher like mine, which the sticker says 46psi all round for a normal load (that’s a PP car with DCC).  I’ve tried them at a variety of pressures from 38 upwards to the recommended, and feel they are best around 42psi, but atm they are higher than that as I had a fully loaded trip so upped them a bit.  They now need reducing as load is back to normal.  

41 minutes ago, Booth11 said:

The recommended pressures seem to vary across cars depending on whether they have performance pack, DCC etc, or so it seems judging by discussions in the threads on tyre pressures.  Some peoples were 39 and others much higher like mine, which the sticker says 46psi all round for a normal load (that’s a PP car with DCC).  I’ve tried them at a variety of pressures from 38 upwards to the recommended, and feel they are best around 42psi, but atm they are higher than that as I had a fully loaded trip so upped them a bit.  They now need reducing as load is back to normal.  

Thanks , I’ve got pp and DCC, I’ll try the, I’m 42

12 hours ago, Wrex said:

Thanks , I’ve got pp and DCC, I’ll try the, I’m 42

Mine is Non-PP but has DCC and they are set to 39.... I think that is what I put in them the other week. 

As Becs says above, the recommendations differ depending so your sticker will say more than mine for some unbeknown random reason.

39 minutes ago, Nath_27 said:

I just recently topped up the pressures and set them to 2.7 all round 18's non PP. Not sure if its still too high but stickers says 2.8, Seems quite high!

I reduced mine a couple days back. They were still set at higher levels after a fully loaded road trip (only upped them as I got a pressure warning en route).  Back to normal loads now but tyres still higher pressure, and the ride was awful!  Nail in tyre this week and the tyre repairer set the repaired tyre at VW normal recommend level so I had mismatched pressures. So I’ve reset them all same. Despite the sticker recommendation being 46psi I’ve gone to 42psi and much more comfortable (PP car)