Time to Say goodbye

Hi All.

Well it looks like it's time to say goodbye to the 7R estate.

Not fully confirmed yet but have agreed a part-ex price and purchase for a new car today.

Considering the idea of listing the golf on here to give it a proper home rather than part-ex but not sure.

Just wanted to drop a note to say thanks for all the help along the way, will miss the Golf a lot, been a great family car all round.

regards 825b95d266144633a0a4c48dec44f7a7.jpg3756e0f686bd5b49559b66840be81542.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well car picked up, few quick pics Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Well deal is done and deposit down, so should pick up the car next week at some point. Will try and post some pics. It will be a 3.5 / 4 hour drive from collection back home so that should give me a

So short write up after long drive back and a few days getting used to the c43. Ride Quality -------------------- I didn't have DCC in the R and had prets so maybe not a great comparison but the C

Good luck. Hope it all goes smoothly. Let us know please how you find the Merc.
will do, this has been one of the best car forums I've ever been a member of so would still like to keep in touch with a few people.

Once I've sorted the deal fully today I hope I will make sure I post some pics in this tread and give some proper options in case it helps others

Bittersweet Lee!  On the one hand a fond farewell to your lovely 7R Estate, (looks fantastic in those pics); and on the other an exciting new car with the Merc!   Fingers crossed the deal goes all well today and you seal it.  If so, be sure to share those pics etc with us.  Thank you for all your contributions to the forum.  It’s great to hear you’ve enjoyed your time here too, and no need to be a stranger. 😊

Bittersweet Lee!  On the one hand a fond farewell to your lovely 7R Estate, (looks fantastic in those pics); and on the other an exciting new car with the Merc!   Fingers crossed the deal goes all well today and you seal it.  If so, be sure to share those pics etc with us.  Thank you for all your contributions to the forum.  It’s great to hear you’ve enjoyed your time here too, and no need to be a stranger. 
Thanks Becs, yes it's very sad as the golf as been the perfect family car, camping trips, holidays, odd tip run but then some driving days out and back road blasts.

Thanks for all the help and advice along the way, first car I've ever attempted to machine polish so the help here was very much required, this free forum has also cost me a fair amount of cash with all the detailing kit, stage 1 unicorn, turbo elbows, shift paddles, chrome foot rest etc etc...

49 minutes ago, Leespo said:

this free forum has also cost me a fair amount of cash with all the detailing kit, stage 1 unicorn, turbo elbows, shift paddles, chrome foot rest etc etc...

Haha, yes.  Free to join but then bit by bit your bank account is drained empty!   Not into our coffers of course. 😁  

You can’t say it’s not been worth it though. 😂

Haha, yes.  Free to join but then bit by bit your bank account is drained empty!   Not into our coffers of course.  

You can’t say it’s not been worth it though. 
true, with the advice given everything I have purchased has been great, apart from the wife's moaning

3 minutes ago, Leespo said:

true, with the advice given everything I have purchased has been great, apart from the wife's moaning

Well, some things you can’t change.  You got married so signed up to that for life! 😂

Hopefully get most of your money back on the mods selling them on and the detailing gear is an investment for the next car!  

Well, some things you can’t change.  You got married so signed up to that for life! 

Hopefully get most of your money back on the mods selling them on and the detailing gear is an investment for the next car!  
yep, will be putting the car back to stock if I part-ex then don't have to have the awkward chat with the dealer about what's not standard, not too many changed and all can be reversed at home so shouldn't be a problem.

Yes detailing kit will come in handy I'm sure

Well that was a complete b*****d, attempting to get the DTUK pedal box off, I purchased it from a user here and noticed the button was snapped off but only after I had clicked it in place, today was the attempt to remove it.

Managed to get it done in the end but involved a small screwdriver to push the non button down and another to push the clip off all the same the time, while laying over the door sill and twisting into all sorts of positions. 7f28f996575235a0075ba75ae29c25bd.jpg