Jacking points for trolley jack

I've just got myself a trolley jack for changing my wheels over but not sure where the best place is to lift the car, can you put it in a place that will allow both wheels on one side to be lifted or do you just lift in the same way as an OEM jack and do one wheel at a time?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As above ...  and a trolley jack puck is recommended     

The reinforced section on the sills is the only places you should be lifting from, and you will need something on the trolley jack to not fold over the sheet metal.    IIRC when I lifted hig

As above, jack puck and the folded seams is the way to go (but even with a puck the seams are still not the most robust so make sure you get the jack lifting pad/puck centred)     There's no

Posted Images

The reinforced section on the sills is the only places you should be lifting from, and you will need something on the trolley jack to not fold over the sheet metal. 

IIRC when I lifted high enough from the front jacking point the back wheel also came off the ground (2017 R wagon).

As above, jack puck and the folded seams is the way to go (but even with a puck the seams are still not the most robust so make sure you get the jack lifting pad/puck centred)  

There's not enough space for the jack + axle stands at the jacking points but if you look at this thread it shows where you can position the axle stands.  I've used these locations a few times and no issues.  

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/jacking-points-axle-stands.314507/

When I use a trolly jack (I have a very low one) I always try and get it under a suspension mount on the front or the rear, I know it will probably be ok under the sill where it is marked, however 

Those marks are also for lifting with a 2 post ramp with 4 arms/pads which equals the weight out between all 4 more than one trolley jack does,  the trolly jack will not sit square on the sill as the car lifts at one end first