Scorpion Resonated Cat-back on a 7.5 Estate

Does anyone have any experience of the Scorpion cat-back resonated exhaust (SVW057) on a 7.5 estate?  

I spoke to a local, reputable exhaust fitter who supplies and fits both Milltek and Scorpion and hasn't had any quality/fit issues with Scorpion systems but has had to repair and/or return a few Milltek units that have had issues.  I'm supplying the system so he would get paid the same regardless...I don't think he's gaining anything by telling me porkies! 

IIRC both Regal and VRS have posted on here that they fit a lot of Scorpion exhausts/DP's and they rate them.  

I'm looking for a system that sounds somewhere between the stock exhaust and what I have now with the stock exhaust + BCS res delete, so a little more audible than stock but not obtrusive when tootling around. 

Any advice/feedback appreciated 👍

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

some good black friday deals on the scorpion system   i'd want to change the oem tips, think i'd be more interested in going custom.   i'm doing a decat and res delete on mine next

I had a Scorpion system fitted to my 7.5 GPF car last month and although I love the looks and sound we did have issues fitting it.   I bought it through Awesome and was booked in for fitting

I had the non resonated,valved,gpf back system with ascari carbon tips.I love the sound but it can get a bit droney with the valves open,so may get the resonator fitted in the future.   I al

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, samm said:

some good black friday deals on the scorpion system

i'd want to change the oem tips, think i'd be more interested in going custom.

i'm doing a decat and res delete on mine next week

Indeed, I was going to get a new exhaust in Spring but with the BF discounts it makes sense to buy it now.  

Scorpion only offer one tip design for the estate and it's that in either black (ceramic coated) or the polished.  I just can't decide if the black will look good or just like I've not cleaned them in a while!  

I must stop looking at black friday deals as its making me want to mod, but potential house move next year, I'm trying so hard not to do anything!

I quite like the black tips, in that it blends in a bit. Although I think my prefered method would be to get the scorpion / cobra central exhaust bit with a 200 cell cat - or BCS. Then I would maintain the standard backbox, but hopefully get a bit more volume through the sports cat.

3 hours ago, Penguin said:

Does anyone have any experience of the Scorpion cat-back resonated exhaust (SVW057) on a 7.5 estate?  

I spoke to a local, reputable exhaust fitter who supplies and fits both Milltek and Scorpion and hasn't had any quality/fit issues with Scorpion systems but has had to repair and/or return a few Milltek units that have had issues.  I'm supplying the system so he would get paid the same regardless...I don't think he's gaining anything by telling me porkies! 

IIRC both Regal and VRS have posted on here that they fit a lot of Scorpion exhausts/DP's and they rate them.  

I'm looking for a system that sounds somewhere between the stock exhaust and what I have now with the stock exhaust + BCS res delete, so a little more audible than stock but not obtrusive when tootling around. 

Any advice/feedback appreciated 👍

I had a Scorpion system fitted to my 7.5 GPF car last month and although I love the looks and sound we did have issues fitting it.

I bought it through Awesome and was booked in for fitting in September.When they went to fit it they found the adapter supplied to fit the Scorpion system to the oem pipe coming from the gpf’s was the wrong size.So rather than bodge it they had to contact scorpion about it and rebook the car in for the following month.

Car went back in October for fitting and all was going well until they tried to put the tips on and on the left hand side the tips were touching because the pipes coming out the back box were not spaced correctly.Tabby at Awesome worked his magic by applying some heat and bending the pipe to the right gap.

Everthing is correct with it now,but when your buying a off the shelf exhaust these things should not happen.

2 minutes ago, Clarkie48 said:

I had a Scorpion system fitted to my 7.5 GPF car last month and although I love the looks and sound we did have issues fitting it.

I bought it through Awesome and was booked in for fitting in September.When they went to fit it they found the adapter supplied to fit the Scorpion system to the oem pipe coming from the gpf’s was the wrong size.So rather than bodge it they had to contact scorpion about it and rebook the car in for the following month.

Car went back in October for fitting and all was going well until they tried to put the tips on and on the left hand side the tips were touching because the pipes coming out the back box were not spaced correctly.Tabby at Awesome worked his magic by applying some heat and bending the pipe to the right gap.

Everthing is correct with it now,but when your buying a off the shelf exhaust these things should not happen.

That's great info, thanks.   

What system did you get and, not withstanding fitting issues, would you recommend it?  

Just now, Clarkie48 said:

I had the non resonated,valved,gpf back system with ascari carbon tips.I love the sound but it can get a bit droney with the valves open,so may get the resonator fitted in the future.

I also love how the back end looks now.

FE8E40EA-B204-4833-B779-0552B3EBBB09.thumb.jpeg.2d70783701cfda0a608b93fd8a99b6f1.jpeg

Oh that does look very nice!  It's a shame that only the Daytona tips are available on the 7.5 estate. 

I've ordered the Scorpion resonated system with the ceramic tips.  When I looked yesterday Scorpion had a two week delay with the ceramic tips but when I've ordered this evening they are now apparently in stock so hopefully I may get it by next week.  I should be able to get it fitted the week afterwards.

Now to ignore the latest email from Awesome with 25% off Bilstein coilovers! 

2 hours ago, Penguin said:

I've ordered the Scorpion resonated system with the ceramic tips.  When I looked yesterday Scorpion had a two week delay with the ceramic tips but when I've ordered this evening they are now apparently in stock so hopefully I may get it by next week.  I should be able to get it fitted the week afterwards.

Now to ignore the latest email from Awesome with 25% off Bilstein coilovers! 

i'm looking at the exhaust myself, i know i'm only stock and did post about stage 2 littco stuff and most said get downpipe, but i really do want a full exhaust lol unsure if get carbon or the chrome daytona tips. 

will you have to get your map tweaked when fitted?

5 hours ago, r600_clubsport said:

i'm looking at the exhaust myself, i know i'm only stock and did post about stage 2 littco stuff and most said get downpipe, but i really do want a full exhaust lol unsure if get carbon or the chrome daytona tips. 

will you have to get your map tweaked when fitted?

No need for a map tweak as I’m not changing the cat 👍🏻

Scorpion are just waiting on a batch of the ceramic tips coming from the finishers….  

On 27/11/2021 at 19:49, J Peterman said:

Scorpion system centers the tips coming out of the backbox on the Mk7.5 estate.  Perfect opportunity to buy the exhaust without tips and get what you like.

Thanks. The exhaust fitter advised the same.

He said he’ll show me some alternatives when I go in as I said I wasn’t 100% keen on the Daytona ceramic tips but he advised they look much better in the metal, when fitted.  Going to do a test fit and take it from there.