Rear performance spoiler?

New member here - evening all.  I’m wondering what people have purchased  in the way of rear spoilers for non performance pack Rs

I’ve seen the Maxton one , think Archie Hamilton added one to his R.  He looked a little unimpressed and I thought it looked a little flimsy…. Or of course I could be wrong.

what else is available? 

cheers 😊

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This spoiler also looks promising and states it for the golf gti/r, however after not getting a refund on my last aliexpress purchase I’m hesitant to order with this one 🤣   https://m.aliexp

The spoiler above sadly does not fit the golf r, I ordered one myself only to find it doesn’t fit and then received no refund so don’t waste ur time with Ali express.

only spoilers I can find currently are the maxton ones or the aerodynamic oettinger spoiler which only comes primed so then needs to be painted, but it is made to fit the golf r/gti

https://www.royalbodykits.com/products/oettinger-roof-spoiler-volkswagen-golf-gti-r-mk8

13 hours ago, CallumS15 said:

The spoiler above sadly does not fit the golf r, I ordered one myself only to find it doesn’t fit and then received no refund so don’t waste ur time with Ali express.

Thanks for pointing that out .... I'll stop recommending this one when people ask! I've no idea how good it is or if it will fit, but wont mention this again.

On 28/11/2021 at 09:51, CallumS15 said:

only spoilers I can find currently are the maxton ones or the aerodynamic oettinger spoiler which only comes primed so then needs to be painted, but it is made to fit the golf r/gti

https://www.royalbodykits.com/products/oettinger-roof-spoiler-volkswagen-golf-gti-r-mk8

This is also the best one I have found so far.

The Maxton spoiler cap is a bit naff in my opinion.

9 times out of 10 what you'll find on Aliexpress is for a standard golf and will not fit an R. Hope I am proven wrong though!

16 hours ago, CallumS15 said:

Does look pretty promising! Sure you don't want to be the guinea pig for it? 😂

Could you not ask the parts department in your VW dealership to order one in and fit it? or even your local VW approved repair centre can order genuine parts and fit them. Why would they care if it was a performance pack car or not, it's ££ for them. I get that they might say no as they will only keep the vehicle stock and as 'from factory' build but worth a try.

12 hours ago, Gazza84 said:

Could you not ask the parts department in your VW dealership to order one in and fit it? or even your local VW approved repair centre can order genuine parts and fit them. Why would they care if it was a performance pack car or not, it's ££ for them. I get that they might say no as they will only keep the vehicle stock and as 'from factory' build but worth a try.

I think it's a known fact you cant just order an Akapovic from the dealer and ask them to fit it if your car was not fitted with it from new. Maybe the rear spoiler is the same? I've no idea. Depends if VW will allow it I guess.

• 4 weeks later...
On 26/11/2021 at 23:18, Zac14 said:

New member here - evening all.  I’m wondering what people have purchased  in the way of rear spoilers for non performance pack Rs

I’ve seen the Maxton one , think Archie Hamilton added one to his R.  He looked a little unimpressed and I thought it looked a little flimsy…. Or of course I could be wrong.

what else is available? 

cheers 😊

Did anyone ever order a vw performance spoiler? Looking at the Rotal body kit website they indicate there are differences in the factory fit spoilers on gti/r line and R model? 

there is an interesting replica on eBay at the moment. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-MK8-2-0-TDI-AUTO-FULL-GOLF-R-SPEC-REPLICA-/265469335310?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

I have a gte which I’m trying to modify to look more like an R model by fitting rear spoiler and side skirts.