• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have just tried fitting this part and, because the jack sits on its side, it's too big for the recess between the false floor and actual floor which has an  approximately 95-100mm height restriction

As usual you have all the info @Booth11 will look into it. Thanks

Will have to get the old mk7 R polystyrene that fitted behind it. Rather than in the wheel.

Posted Images

Amazing [mention=28961]Scudgie[/mention] that’s exactly what I wish for my Golf.
If you are willing to make me one, I’d gladly pay for the materials, shipping and labor, as I know I’m not able to do such delicate work.

Now I need to find the wheel and the foam piece.
Do you know if the foam is the same in the 8V S3 ?
If it is, I can look for it in totaled car lots.

7 hours ago, AHG said:

Amazing [mention=28961]Scudgie[/mention] that’s exactly what I wish for my Golf.
If you are willing to make me one, I’d gladly pay for the materials, shipping and labor, as I know I’m not able to do such delicate work.

Now I need to find the wheel and the foam piece.
Do you know if the foam is the same in the 8V S3 ?
If it is, I can look for it in totaled car lots.

Ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/294370314169?hash=item4489d687b9:g:r3oAAOSwLQRhL3L8

Thanks [mention=18060]TechieAli[/mention] but I’m not in the UK
so I fear shipping overseas would be massive
expensive for a big piece like that.

I just wanted to figure out if the S3 foam part would fit
we have plenty of those here and some would total :-)
(Very few R’s here in general)

As per @Scudgie and his handiwork, I was talking about the cable extension he made for the bass sub cable, that needed some more length once the space saver was installed.

Same problem here, and I’m 1/3 the distance from UK then you are, but still costs a ton to airship (+ may be held, as they might require MoT approval to let in).

Once the car arrives, I will make a bigger effort to get one (maybe order a new one from an VW/Audi dealer).

• 3 weeks later...
There seems to be no shortage of the space saver spares in the UK.  I almost purchased one but the shipping to CA was 3x the cost of the wheel.  Absolutely nothing at any of the wreckers near me.  I may have to pay up and order one from the states.

Both DAP and ECS sell a full kit with the tool organizer and the wheel (and even the tools, I think) for 240 USD.

wheel alone is 200$. Foam is 40$.
If you need a jack and a wrench, it will come to 300$.

https://www.shopdap.com/make-model-year/volkswagen/r-models/mk7-5-facelift-golf-r-2018-present/wheels/spare-tire-and-assoc/golf-r-spare-tire-kit-mk7-mk75.html

I wish they shipped overseas
3 hours ago, AHG said:

Both DAP and ECS sell a full kit with the tool organizer and the wheel (and even the tools, I think) for 240 USD.

wheel alone is 200$. Foam is 40$.
If you need a jack and a wrench, it will come to 300$.

https://www.shopdap.com/make-model-year/volkswagen/r-models/mk7-5-facelift-golf-r-2018-present/wheels/spare-tire-and-assoc/golf-r-spare-tire-kit-mk7-mk75.html

I wish they shipped overseas

Yeah, I'm in Canada.  They will only ship via UPS or FedEx and those companies charge Tariffs on a sliding scale.  I can pay anywhere from 20-75% of the purchase price depending on the importer's mood.  I'm hoping to source one in Canada, but might have to wait until the borders open up a bit more and then have one delivered to a PO box forwarding service.  North American free trade?  Ha!

Send it to a friend in Seattle
then take a trip to pick it up

If it’s not worth your while to drive 4hrs for it
That’s where UPS comes in :-)

I’d have to fly 20 hours back and forth. So no :-)
For me shipping is over 100% of the product
not sure if that includes release from customs

83a5f210f0e153dcb6280ad1b856006d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/01/2022 at 21:17, Silverstoned said:

Yeah, I'm in Canada.  They will only ship via UPS or FedEx and those companies charge Tariffs on a sliding scale.  I can pay anywhere from 20-75% of the purchase price depending on the importer's mood.  I'm hoping to source one in Canada, but might have to wait until the borders open up a bit more and then have one delivered to a PO box forwarding service.  North American free trade?  Ha!

I got mine from ECS shipped to Canada approx $700 (including taxes, shipping and customs fees) back in September 2020. I looked into this about a year prior but balked at the cost, then got an unrepairable flat one Saturday afternoon in the middle of nowhere on the prairies. I was forced to get a tow to the nearest town and buy whatever tire they luckily had in stock in order to drive an hour and a half to get home (it was either that or get towed all the way home). Needless to say - I bit the bullet and got the spare kit from ECS because I never want to be in this situation again.