Expect from @Booth11 because she ticked every thats worth having on her mega spec lol

i had my car for 8-9 months now and Im starting to love car more since updates have made it more liveable …I might save some money by ditching the black paint and just keep it white and used to money towards the bigger wheels (the reason why I didn’t get white I was scared it look like cheapo white van colour)

I’m glad I selected the winter pack I don’t know what I would do without it.

Maybe I might add the HK audio …. The standard speakers are good but I just want a little more bass.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd like VW to introduce more colour options for the R - a metallic Grey for sure !

Ah colours, well if we are doing a wish list.....give me yellow! 😁 (Why are there no nice bright colours!)

Gas strut.  Neither standard nor an option but would have been nice.  Cheapskates.    I’ve actually just removed the one I fitted to my car.  It will be going back on though as it’s just a temp

8 hours ago, Dannybear83 said:

Expect from @Booth11 because she ticked every thats worth having on her mega spec lol

i had my car for 8-9 months now and Im starting to love car more since updates have made it more liveable …I might save some money by ditching the black paint and just keep it white and used to money towards the bigger wheels (the reason why I didn’t get white I was scared it look like cheapo white van colour)

I’m glad I selected the winter pack I don’t know what I would do without it.

Maybe I might add the HK audio …. The standard speakers are good but I just want a little more bass.

I showed some restraint on the options Dan. 😄 Passed on the pano roof (as I’m not a fan) and the heated rear seats (winter pack 2), pro nav (lot of money for nothing much over standard) and a few other bits.  No regrets on not ticking anything of those.   If I specced it again tomorrow I’d go exactly the same spec.  

45 minutes ago, Chronicbint said:

Ah colours, well if we are doing a wish list.....give me yellow! 😁 (Why are there no nice bright colours!)

There’s @JonnyG waiting to go under the radar with grey and you wanting the opposite with yellow.  😁  Agree, a wider colour palette would be nice.  I’d still pick Lapiz though, its no yellow but it is it’s actually quite a bright colour especially in the sunshine.  😎

2 minutes ago, phope said:

It's the 20th anniversary of the original R32 in 2022 - wish they'd come out with some sort of Golf R Anniversary package with perhaps unique interior trim or colour options

They  could even call it the R “fit for purpose? 😂😂😂

Gas strut.  Neither standard nor an option but would have been nice.  Cheapskates. 

I’ve actually just removed the one I fitted to my car.  It will be going back on though as it’s just a temporary removal for when the car goes into VW next week.  Don’t want to give them any excuse whatsoever to deny warranty claims, even though it’s not remotely connected to the issue it’s going in for, you never know!  And it’s a bit hard to hide, as when they open the bonnet, voila.  Mind you they still might not have noticed it 😁 

I showed some restraint on the options Dan.  Passed on the pano roof (as I’m not a fan) and the heated rear seats (winter pack 2), pro nav (lot of money for nothing much over standard) and a few other bits.  No regrets on not ticking anything of those.   If I specced it again tomorrow I’d go exactly the same spec.  

I opted for the pano as my previous golfs didn’t have one. I haven’t used it yet since I getting the car but the weather isn’t ideal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2 hours ago, Noobtacular said:

I opted for the pano as my previous golfs didn’t have one. I haven’t used it yet since I getting the car but the weather isn’t ideal! emoji943.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully come spring, you'll get to enjoy it.  Nothing against pano roof, I just personally prefer a cave like cabin year round.  And the less things to rattle and creak, the better.  

I'd have the DCC that I deliberately omitted to stay clear of the £40K, in anticipation of sufficient very small list price increases to cause a problem. The £900 option suddenly costing £2500 was a bit too much. That didn't happen so I could have had DCC. The lack of an acceptable ride on our third world urban roads is one of several factors in my decision to give up and go back to BMW. The R goes on Monday and I collect my (3 months delayed) M135iX on Tuesday.

Good question.

We'd delete the following if we could:

Lane Keeping assist

The whole Travel Assist thing. 

We'd like as factory:

A factory spare wheel

Bonnet gas strut (we fitted our own from Racingline - dead simple to do)

Our car is bog std except leather and I think the reversing camera and is on 18's.