Mk8 Golf R ok laters build times/dejays

Hi all,

Just looking for some examples of current UK purchased/ordered Mk8 Golf R build/lead times.

I ordered mine late May from a well known Scottish Dealership and have yet to receive a Stage 3, guaranteed build date.

The salesperson states he has no idea and is periodically checking VW’s order dealer order system.

To be honest I am not expecting it before the 22 plate in Narch but I have a mate who is a new car/lease deal broker and he has told me that it’s more likely to be around May - that’s a full 12 months FFS 🤦‍♂️ 

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Profiteering maggot. Hope his ear holes turn to a##holes and s##t on his shoes. Anyone paying that money must be desperate AND stupid. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Head an email yesterday (14th Jan 2022) from my car salesman and I have a provisional Week 11 from r my new car,  still to be locked in by VW, so now expecting my R late April to early May 2022.   

Fully loaded but for that price I would order a new RS3 and wait.

Yeap I was given 12 months + on a Audi RS3 Vorsprung and if choosing special paint a wait time of over 18 months with no guarantee.

I declined to order RS3 at this time.

A friend of mine ordered a MK8R in March and has just cancelled due to the delay. He’s gone and bought a dealer stock M340i.

9 hours ago, Falcon said:

Hi all,

Just looking for some examples of current UK purchased/ordered Mk8 Golf R build/lead times.

I ordered mine late May from a well known Scottish Dealership and have yet to receive a Stage 3, guaranteed build date.

The salesperson states he has no idea and is periodically checking VW’s order dealer order system.

To be honest I am not expecting it before the 22 plate in Narch but I have a mate who is a new car/lease deal broker and he has told me that it’s more likely to be around May - that’s a full 12 months FFS 🤦‍♂️ 

Hi David 

The best thread to keep up with the order delays in in this thread as there’s many in the same boat as you.  Though it does seem that some builds are now starting to materialise.

https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/38062-golf-mk8-r-order-thread-post-your-order-details/page/415/#comments

12 months wait is the norm now so I’d expect it later rather than sooner.  

Same here, ordered April 22 and still nothing but a “maybe March” statement.

I guess this is the new world,
at least for a while.

So happy I didn’t sell my S3 when I had the chance (was offered 20% above list), as I enjoy it very much and as long as I have it the wait isn’t terrible.
Money isn’t the only thing (especially if you are a car fan that buys a £45k car).

I’d recommend against selling your fun car and buying a cheap replacement to hold you off, as it will be a waiting game and when you drive a 1,000£ car the wait is harder.