Hi all , hope everyone is ok :) 

my name is Josh and I’m a car enthusiast! We’ve had a great little time with our Fiesta  st but our boys are growing and need a bit more room ! We also have a T6 transporter but too big for the school run .. Hence the Golf R :) 

does anyone have any knowledge on reg number BN18NYA ? 

thanks for any help , much appreciated 

Edited by Bodyboarder81
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

that work?! 

Sounds like it’s a real hit with the family. 🙂   Spec sounds great too!   Be like new after it’s been detailed.       Not necessarily, as pretty much every R nicked is unfortun

Think the main things to check at the dealer is water pump and thermostat, TD1 flag on the ECU. As NRW has mentioned, Haldex service and since it’s on 31k miles, I’d be looking to do a DSG servic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Bodyboarder81 said:

Hi all , hope everyone is ok :) 

my name is Josh and I’m a car enthusiast! We’ve had a great little time with our Fiesta  st but our boys are growing and need a bit more room ! We also have a T6 transporter but too big for the school run .. Hence the Golf R :) 

does anyone have any knowledge on reg number BN18NYA ? 

thanks for any help , much appreciated 

What other than it isn’t taxed?

54F5F406-D801-4838-92AE-2C19A4BC910A.png

It’s from a VW main dealer , so presume they know that . 

was hoping ( a long shot ) that maybe it was someone’s on here . 

1 owner 

31k miles 

3 door white 

ddc 

front / rear parking 

19” spielbergs 

other than that pretty basic spec . 
up for 27k inc 2 year warranty, will be serviced before sale . 

sound reasonable from main dealer ? 

Haldex service; fluid change and gauze clean desirable.  Main dealer warranty etc a bonus if you don’t plan to modify it. 
All the usual checks that all is correct, in place, undamaged /repaired, everything works.  No scuffs, scratches, chips or rips., and good tyres.  
Then haggle a deal to suit yourself.  Enjoy 2022 in an R!

Think the main things to check at the dealer is water pump and thermostat, TD1 flag on the ECU.

As NRW has mentioned, Haldex service and since it’s on 31k miles, I’d be looking to do a DSG service if it’s an auto as leaving it for the full 80k miles is completely insane.

Thanks for the reply’s , much appreciated :) 

so I’ve asked for the vcds read out of how many launches it’s had . They are getting back to me with that . I’ll ask about the TD1 flag as well 👍🏼

they are doing a haldex service on it , along with a oil / filter change … I’ll see if I can squeeze a dsg oil change out of them as well. 

what’s peoples thoughts on the price ? 

I know the market is madness at the moment for R’s ( although we’re higher in the summer I think ) and fully appreciate I’m probably buying at the wrong time , but I can’t see them plummeting in value any time soon . 

im also wanting a pre wltp/ ppf/gpf car , and have read that they done away with the secondary injectors from mid 2018 ? 

thanks 😊 

30 minutes ago, Bodyboarder81 said:

im also wanting a pre wltp/ ppf/gpf car , and have read that they done away with the secondary injectors from mid 2018 ? 

Aye. There are more Tuning options easily, readily available for the 310Ps, non GPF cars. Incl exhaust systems.   Not the best time to buy when prices are high….but that like saying oh, you want to go where…I wouldn’t want to go there starting from here. 
Good luck with your haggling.  Do the best you can. 

41 minutes ago, Bodyboarder81 said:

The GPF came into effect in 2019 IIRC, and yes the GPF cars just have 1 set of injectors, similar to the US versions.

6 hours ago, Bodyboarder81 said:

Don’t think the main dealers are going to drop loads in price , with regards haggling , but if I can get them to fully service it and the cars in good condition what’s peoples thoughts on price ? 

thanks 

Have a good look at similar age, mileage cars on Autot-ader etc. You’ll soon get a feel for prices being asked.   Still ask for discount & deal sweeteners, unless ofcourse you have money to waste, as shy bairns get nowt….
or as @AHG tells us above, they get taken for 6% extra. 
If you don’t like the final deal, walk away. There are always other cars just round the corner. Sometimes you just need to wait.