Keanos RS3

keano

2 hours ago, Martin2 said:

I like fast estates, more appealing to me than an SUV, particularly when they are ‘sleepers’.  I used to have a 535d estate, not the fastest car on the road but it was fully debadged so looked like a 520d.  Just like my debadged 750i looked like a 730d but with an M Sport exhaust and 4.4 V8 it didn’t sound or go like one.   That’s why a B3 would be much more appealing (although not as much as a B5) but it would have to have the badges and stripes removed and a black Alpina logo on the front splitter.

I have an irrational hatred for carry a shed on the roof, so I’ve always bought cars big enough for all year round, which doesn’t really make the most sense when I really only need the full space a few times a year.  But I like big cars, so maybe it’s just an excuse! 

It totally get the estate thing - I too dislike SUVs and if extra space was a necessity would go estate over SUV any day of the week.

I share your hated of sheds on the roof and no hatch of mine has every had the displeasure of one but that's aided greatly by having another vehicle that is essentially a mobile shed itself.  Horses for courses.   

1 hour ago, Booth11 said:

It totally get the estate thing - I too dislike SUVs and if extra space was a necessity would go estate over SUV any day of the week.

I share your hated of sheds on the roof and no hatch of mine has every had the displeasure of one but that's aided greatly by having another vehicle that is essentially a mobile shed itself.  Horses for courses.   

Yep, horses for courses.

Unfortunately I couldn’t fit all 3 kids (comfortably) in even the largest estate, so a family truck it was.  It’s definitely not an SUV….😉

On 12/07/2022 at 16:56, Martin2 said:

Yep, horses for courses.

Unfortunately I couldn’t fit all 3 kids (comfortably) in even the largest estate, so a family truck it was.  It’s definitely not an SUV….😉

What’s your family truck?

On 12/07/2022 at 14:05, Martin2 said:

My 535d had a pipe at either side, but most people wouldn’t have a clue.  Even harder with the 750i, it had 4 x exhaust pipes but you had to look inside the exhaust trims to see them so was exactly like a 730d from the outside.  Most people I know / work with thought it was a 5 series too, which suited me fine as having anything too ‘flash’ for work doesn’t always sit too well with me.  One of the reasons why I use the Golf quite a bit (certainly tactically) for work, not that it’s in any way a hardship, I still really like it.  

Not the last couple of days though.  Double glazed solar attenuating glass, cooled seat, really powerful aircon and remote start for pre-cooling mean I’m in my car!  

The shape of the 5 I really like. Estate too. Funny though as I would have considered the 5 less flash than the golf estate!? 😂

On 09/07/2022 at 17:55, keano said:

Sat the bbs next to the car to see how they might look… not that they would fit properly. 

personally I think they worked a lot better on the golf than the Audi… wasn’t expecting that. 

B4C10A89-79DD-4CD1-A4E6-D1ED249D1812.jpeg

958A9B69-D52E-4635-B29C-41940D7D068F.jpeg

I`ve been keeping an eye on the for sale section for ages waiting for you to sell me these BBS wheels 😄

• 1 month later...

Made a decision to go for the R estate. Wife helped break the cycle my mind was going through considering options and signed off on the R. Hunt is on. 

really enjoying my kranzle - makes cleaning a good deal easier. Noticeably more powerful than my (admittedly dying) karcher was. The various recommendations in here for kranzle are absolutely spot on. 👍

4B21432C-888F-4EBA-86B9-7CC9EAA6030F.jpeg

• 3 months later...

Had autoglass repair a stone chip back in September. They damaged the screen and scratched the wheel arch whilst doing the repair…

taken since then to resolve the screen (they put a new screen in) and whilst the scratches aren’t sorted yet I will be getting that done in the early new year. 

so whilst that was going on I didn’t wash it in case they tried anything dodgy but today I finally gave it a wash!!

much better now 😎

EE7C75C2-DEC8-43AC-BCBE-7D08B65ADF45.jpeg

CBF5917E-0434-4693-9066-8BD8D51C59E0.jpeg

9F36CB02-8711-424C-B353-F740234ACB91.jpeg

D986F2CA-A8CF-44E1-8B8D-D59BFAF37FC4.jpeg

• 1 month later...

So after giving up in my hunt for a mk7.5 R estate, and flirting with a Troc R, I decided to get an A4 avant.

It’s very much the boring option but I must admit I’m enjoying it a lot as a cruise-y wagon… nice relaxing drive, decent on fuel, can throw the dog in it and I’m not really too fussed if it gets a ding here or there as it’s just an A4… plus it’s Daytona grey which looks superb when clean. 

it will do the trick as a doggo wagon and plug a gap until something more fun comes along…

BB958504-32B4-4315-86BA-455D10F2DFBB.jpeg

7A0E874E-E08C-4EF4-905B-89805820CE6A.jpeg

987C00F2-DB3B-4BE4-ADA2-3EB0F366E0FD.jpeg