• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So after nearly 7 years with the mk7/7.5 R hatch, I took the decision to get the “Golf +”, ie the rs3   I purely went for it due to the noise. Really. Had the golf sounded better I would have kept it

Still very much familiarising myself with the car but initial thoughts are it’s a good decision made.

Cleaned her up - feel like you get to know the car a bit better when you clean them up too. Drips in and around the boot are a pain - same mirror drips as the R had really need a air drier style so

Looks fab [mention=17632]keano[/mention]!   Beautiful!  Nice to see some of details up close.  

You’re surely used to keeping on top of black cars though!    (imo Lapiz needs just as much effort).

Hope you’re enjoying it!  

Recognise the pedals?!

Yeah and I knew what I was getting myself into… I can’t complain really.

Still running in but opening it up a bit more as I go - over half way there now. Still haven’t used full throttle yet and because it’s big turbo power, I suspect it needs wot to really get going. We shall see tho.

Great car. So jealous.

Nearly pushed the RS3 button after clearance from the boss but in the end delayed t further mainly due to other priorities and eye watering balloon payment. 

I see EvilGtl have just fitted spacers which have made a nice visual change. 

Any plans for springs / spacers / remap??

Great car. So jealous.
Nearly pushed the RS3 button after clearance from the boss but in the end delayed t further mainly due to other priorities and eye watering balloon payment. 

I see EvilGtl have just fitted spacers which have made a nice visual change. 

Any plans for springs / spacers / remap??

It’s an expensive car, I’ve made my peace with that now - you’ve got to pay to play eh

Don’t like spacers so no won’t be fitting any. May get new wheels at some point but I need to sell my bbs first - the tpms is a bit of a complication but hopefully easily resolved. Will consider a wheel colour change (gold) if I kerb my wheels though…

No plans for springs or map but may play around with the exhaust at some point…
1 minute ago, keano said:

It’s an expensive car, I’ve made my peace with that now - you’ve got to pay to play eh emoji23.png

Don’t like spacers so no won’t be fitting any. May get new wheels at some point but I need to sell my bbs first - the tpms is a bit of a complication but hopefully easily resolved. Will consider a wheel colour change (gold) if I kerb my wheels though…

No plans for springs or map but may play around with the exhaust at some point…

I posted up Performance German Car Day in the events section with a discounted entry.

Be good if you could bring your new beast along!

I posted the following in the wrong thread so copied over to here…

A few observations:

- exhaust.
For an opf car I’m pleasantly impressed with the volume. It’s also characterful and surprisingly loud even with so few miles on it. There are cracks from the exhaust when changing gear sharply.

- performance
Not used full throttle or gone above 4K RPMs yet but it’s still swift… a lot more to come, not that it needs it for me tbh.

- tech
Mmi is a tad slow to respond when working through my phone - presume Bluetooth issue. I’ve got used to the menus and where stuff is now and the B&O stereo sounds rather good.

- pano roof
So glad I specd it. It’s freezing but been driving around with it open and it’s great - can’t wait for the summer. It lets more noise in too so can’t wait to let rip properly and hear it through the roof.

- vs my golf…
Expensive but so far worth it for me. That bit of quality is welcomed and it’s all about that engine. For me, it was worth the gamble

On 20/01/2022 at 18:21, keano said:

I posted the following in the wrong thread so copied over to here…

A few observations:

- exhaust.
For an opf car I’m pleasantly impressed with the volume. It’s also characterful and surprisingly loud even with so few miles on it. There are cracks from the exhaust when changing gear sharply.

- performance
Not used full throttle or gone above 4K RPMs yet but it’s still swift… a lot more to come, not that it needs it for me tbh.

- tech
Mmi is a tad slow to respond when working through my phone - presume Bluetooth issue. I’ve got used to the menus and where stuff is now and the B&O stereo sounds rather good.

- pano roof
So glad I specd it. It’s freezing but been driving around with it open and it’s great - can’t wait for the summer. It lets more noise in too so can’t wait to let rip properly and hear it through the roof.

- vs my golf…
Expensive but so far worth it for me. That bit of quality is welcomed and it’s all about that engine. For me, it was worth the gamble emoji41.png

Going to be looking to order later in year. I know what spec so will be a 2023 car.