Myself and wife popped into BMW at the weekend to see the new BMW I4 M Coupe in Msport spec.

It was the slightly lower powered model but it has a greater range.

The wife would like an electric vehicle to replace her Q5 which has served us well.

Whilst at the dealership we were offered a test drive on our own and we duly took up the offer.

We took the car around some local roads with a mixture of single lane and dual carriageway sections but the weather was terrible.

Great cabin….much lower than the Q5 obviously but the tech was astonishing and we were quite blown away.

Massive performance even with the lower output and claimed range of 350 miles. Still sufficient for us though.

Only downside was the basic price is £52k!! The one we tested was £56k!!

Food for thought!

We we’re told fairly long delays and no deals and now Gvmt grant has been scrapped or scaled back.

Most will be on  PCP 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They’ll soon be evil when the government realise the lost income from the absurd taxes on fuels and of course road tax for vehicles at £40k +    I have nothing against electric and I actuall

Remember when you turn the heating or air con on the range drops my other half has a company electric car range I’d 286 miles but with the heating or air con on it drops by 45/50 miles 90% of the time we have one or the other on 

On 10/01/2022 at 17:05, Shug said:

Guess most will be on pcp and handed back in three years as people get worried about the batteries degrading and the cars needing replacement 

Risk is then with manufacturers not owners...

Yeap absolutely….no dealers I’ve visited Re electric cars can really give accurate GFV’s due to the uncertainty in their second hand value and desirability after 3-4 years.

I did hear about electric cars being abandoned in Japan as the batteries cost so much to replace when they’ve worn out…..bit like IPhones then!!

5 hours ago, Msportman said:

Yeap absolutely….no dealers I’ve visited Re electric cars can really give accurate GFT’s due to the uncertainty in their second hand value and desirability after 3-4 years.

I did hear about electric cars being abandoned in Japan as the batteries cost so much to replace when they’ve worn out…..bit like IPhones then!!

Have worried for a while that electric cars will soon be like diesels. Wasn’t that long ago that government were touting diesels as brilliant and offering subsidies, then all of a sudden they are evil...

13 hours ago, Shug said:

Have worried for a while that electric cars will soon be like diesels. Wasn’t that long ago that government were touting diesels as brilliant and offering subsidies, then all of a sudden they are evil...

They’ll soon be evil when the government realise the lost income from the absurd taxes on fuels and of course road tax for vehicles at £40k + 

I have nothing against electric and I actually like the car in question here, but I think it’s fair to say that the honeymoon period of everything for nothing will soon be over and taxes of some sort will be thrown at EV owners.