Volkswagen Golf R400 Concept - Model Car

Nice looking Otto model car, for anyone who collects them....

https://club-ottomobile.com/en/april/601-volkswagen-golf-a7-r400-concept.html

This is the blurb they wrote:

The Volkswagen Golf VII Concept R400 is a project of a Golf equipped with an engine developing 400hp! A mind-boggling project unveiled at the 2014 Beijing Motor Show before finally going on sale in 2017. A limited and exclusive edition of the Golf offered at €55,000! With its 420 bangers under the bonnet, this R400 accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in 3.9 seconds and exceeds 280 km/h in top speed, making it the sportiest of compact cars!

This implies VW actually sold this car? I didn't realise it went on sale?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh god, forgot about him.    There's one on every forum.    Reminds me of one on Briskoda who was adamant his 1.8tsi was faster and more economical than a 2.0tdi cr. I challenged h

If you recline both front seats as far as they will go it’s even faster 😃

They made one of them, I snapped it below on display at GTI International in 2015.   Looked really good in that kind of Reflex Silver Colour.   Not sure about the wheels to similar

Posted Images

They made one of them, I snapped it below on display at GTI International in 2015.

Looked really good in that kind of Reflex Silver Colour.

Not sure about the wheels to similar to Cadiz for my tastes, set of Pretoria's would have made it but interior and everything else on it were really really nice.

Imagine this one would have went back to the Volkswagen Storage Facility they have in Wolfsburg alongside all the other rare one of type prototypes.

WP_20150704_003.thumb.jpg.809893a4582e7f09b72ddc5994936efb.jpg

WP_20150704_033.thumb.jpg.ec4a4140360c67cb3e13abc0d9720e97.jpg

Regards

Damian Mac Donagh

12 minutes ago, Booth11 said:

Ah I remember the R400, there’s still a sub board of the forum dedicated to it.  Gone (or rather never materialised) but not forgotten, a bit like the forum member of the same name.  😁

He was a live wire, for sure!! I used to love the keyboard 'battles'!! 😀

2 hours ago, Booth11 said:

Ah I remember the R400, there’s still a sub board of the forum dedicated to it.  Gone (or rather never materialised) but not forgotten, a bit like the forum member of the same name.  😁

Oh god, forgot about him. 

There's one on every forum. 

Reminds me of one on Briskoda who was adamant his 1.8tsi was faster and more economical than a 2.0tdi cr. I challenged him to a drag race on the 1/4 mile at Inters and he refused 🤣 

There was another on another forum who was adamant that putting the back seats down in q car made it faster and more economical due to it being streamlined! 

59 minutes ago, jrw said:

Oh god, forgot about him. 

There's one on every forum. 

Reminds me of one on Briskoda who was adamant his 1.8tsi was faster and more economical than a 2.0tdi cr. I challenged him to a drag race on the 1/4 mile at Inters and he refused 🤣 

There was another on another forum who was adamant that putting the back seats down in q car made it faster and more economical due to it being streamlined! 

If you recline both front seats as far as they will go it’s even faster 😃