Bilt Hamber Auto Foam Testing (Vid)

Msportman

I use Autoglym Polar Blast and Polar Seal on my Oryx White R which received a Carbon Collective ceramic coating last year.

Having seen the results of this new touch less Auto Foam from Bilt Hamber just wondered how it compares against the AutoGlym product ? Has anyone experience of both products as I was considering ordering this new product?

I've used both in the past .

Bilt Hamber is the superior product for me and has been my go to snow foam for about 2 years , it definitely doesn't have the thickest shaving foam like consistency when applied by foam lance but it's dirt shifting ability is far superior.

I also have a 5L hand pump spray I use to apply it as a pre cleanser when needed during winter months.

Dilution ratio can differ from pressure washer to pressure washer but I go by the 1:10 ratio and always works well for me if you can't be bothered working out the panel impact ratio 

20210122_132243.jpg

I been using Bilt Hamber Touchless since last summer after it was launched early in 2021.  However, I’ve not used Autoglym Polar so can’t provide a comparison of that.  I formerly used Bilt Hamber Auto Foam and sometimes ValetPro Advanced Neutral Snow Foam, but switched to Touchless last year after it was released.  I find the Touchless to be superior to both those in cleansing. It’s superb stuff and shifts noticeably more dirt than those two, and they are both deceny snow foams, particularly Auto Foam, so that’s saying something.

For ratios, (for BH Touchless and BH Auto Foam) I have worked out the Panel Impact Ratio as I decided to do so to see if using that made any difference to the effectiveness of the product from my former ratio of 1:10 or 1:8 for normal maintenance pre wash.  My particular PIR works out at:

• Used at 4% PIR (for very dirty car) - 600ml product and 400ml water   Half bottle = 300ml product / 200ml water
  • Used at 2% PIR (normal soiling) - 300ml product 700ml water  Half bottle = 150ml product / 350ml water
  • 1% PIR  (lightly soiled) - 150ml product 850ml water  Half bottle = 75ml product / 425ml water

I find a litre (made up as one of the above) will give me at least two washes worth of show foam so more cost effective as you might think.  I tend to use a half and save the remaining half for the next wash.   I do find find that the cleansing is more effective using the worked out PIR ratio than my previous ratio guesswork.  

Highly recommend Touchless.  Here’s from when I first tried it. https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/11086-what-detailing-have-you-done-today/?do=findComment&comment=597318

On 08/03/2022 at 06:53, Booth11 said:

I been using Bilt Hamber Touchless since last summer after it was launched early in 2021.  However, I’ve not used Autoglym Polar so can’t provide a comparison of that.  I formerly used Bilt Hamber Auto Foam and sometimes ValetPro Advanced Neutral Snow Foam, but switched to Touchless last year after it was released.  I find the Touchless to be superior to both those in cleansing. It’s superb stuff and shifts noticeably more dirt than those two, and they are both deceny snow foams, particularly Auto Foam, so that’s saying something.

For ratios, (for BH Touchless and BH Auto Foam) I have worked out the Panel Impact Ratio as I decided to do so to see if using that made any difference to the effectiveness of the product from my former ratio of 1:10 or 1:8 for normal maintenance pre wash.  My particular PIR works out at:

• Used at 4% PIR (for very dirty car) - 600ml product and 400ml water   Half bottle = 300ml product / 200ml water
  • Used at 2% PIR (normal soiling) - 300ml product 700ml water  Half bottle = 150ml product / 350ml water
  • 1% PIR  (lightly soiled) - 150ml product 850ml water  Half bottle = 75ml product / 425ml water

I find a litre (made up as one of the above) will give me at least two washes worth of show foam so more cost effective as you might think.  I tend to use a half and save the remaining half for the next wash.   I do find find that the cleansing is more effective using the worked out PIR ratio than my previous ratio guesswork.  

Highly recommend Touchless.  Here’s from when I first tried it. https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/11086-what-detailing-have-you-done-today/?do=findComment&comment=597318

Thanks for those breakdown figures. Just out to give it a go on the wife’s Q5. 
Should make life a bit easier cleaning such a big vehicle.

1 hour ago, Msportman said:

Thanks for those breakdown figures. Just out to give it a go on the wife’s Q5. 
Should make life a bit easier cleaning such a big vehicle.

Be aware Ian that those figures are based upon my water flow rate of 1 litre water through my particular snow foam lance and pressure washer, which is how you calculate PIR, so the product and water amounts won’t be the same for everyone.  

This is the method for calculating PIR:

• Fill your snow foam lance bottle with 1 litre water (this assumes a IL lance bottle).  
  • Attach snow foam lance (with dial or adjustment set to your usual product output setting) to pressure washer and press PW trigger to squirt the water into a bucket until your lance bottle is completely empty. 
  • Record how much water is now in the bucket (a marked up bucket helps or you can use a measuring jug to empty the bucket and measure it that way).  

That gives you your 1L water output.
For example, using this method I get 15 litres (15000ml) in my bucket. 

Then: 

• Multiply the amount of water you have recorded water by the PIR figures below : 
  • For 4% use  0.04
  • For 2% use 0.02
  • For 1% use 0.01

As I get 15 litres (15000ml) water squired into in my bucket using above procedure so for the various PIRs, my calculations are as follows (I converted litres to millilitres below): 

4% PIR - 15000ml x 0.04 = 600ml - so 600ml product to 400ml water   Half bottle = 300ml product / 200ml water

2% PIR  - 15000ml x 0.02 = 300ml - so 300ml product to 700ml water  Half bottle = 150ml product / 350ml water

1% PIR  - 15000ml x 0.01 = 150ml - so 150ml product to 850ml water  Half bottle = 75ml product / 425ml water

Yours will depend on your water output recording.  Hope that makes sense!  

You can also have a look at FD video on it though he calculates a little differently.