Golf MK8 RLine Driver Profile

Hello,

Can anyone help me with this question:-

I have a 70 Reg Mk8 R-Line 150ps, Petrol, Manual Gearbox. All of the Driver Profile options are available on the infotainment display allowing the mode to be set to either eco, comfort sport or individual. However, I honestly can't tell the difference between any of them. I thought that in Sport mode the throttle response would be more instant but it doesn't feel any different to me at all.

VW customer service couldn't help and my main Dealer also doesn't seem to know!

Am I missing some further option that makes all this work?

Many Thanks,

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wonder why you would bother posting then? If not only for boasting about your R? 

6 hours ago, ah184 said:

Hello,

Can anyone help me with this question:-

I have a 70 Reg Mk8 R-Line 150ps, Petrol, Manual Gearbox. All of the Driver Profile options are available on the infotainment display allowing the mode to be set to either eco, comfort sport or individual. However, I honestly can't tell the difference between any of them. I thought that in Sport mode the throttle response would be more instant but it doesn't feel any different to me at all.

VW customer service couldn't help and my main Dealer also doesn't seem to know!

Am I missing some further option that makes all this work?

Many Thanks,

For me…each mode in the R you can definitely tell the difference 

My mums Mk7 GT has these it’s a 150PS car. Not really noticeable, I can tell the steering is heavier in sport which I dislike. Eco becomes very light so I stick with normal. Throttle response is hard to tell as it’s the 7spd DSG and has the almighty ridiculous snap go in first. Takes getting used to. Not sure there is much else ACC setting in ECO as I like it economical when cruising. I assume engine in ECO declutches the DSG but I don’t like that.

P.s driving it while I wait for my mk8 R.

I currently have an R-Line as a courtesy car, and I can definitely feel a difference between the driving modes. The car doesn't  have DCC.

ECO: enables even more free sailing of the DSG, climate goes to ECO mode, throttle response becomes very sluggish (takes more pedal to accelerate). Light steering.

COMFORT: is default driving mode and everything is just comfortable. Light steering

SPORT: S-mode for the DSG, slightly higher RPM at idle, definitely does things with the throttle response. Heavier steering.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/03/2022 at 12:53, ah184 said:

I have a 150bhp R-Line DSG.  The differences seem fairly subtle to me but Sport mode definitlely alters the throtte response a fair bit in a DSG car.  I'm guesssing that in a manual car you don't feel this as much ?   

In ECO mode the car will free sail at zero revs for a lot longer on any downhill stretches too - I would have thought you would notice this in a manual car too if you lift of the accelerator ?  - a little ECO symbol lights up in the dash as well.

One thing to note with all these settings is that you need to change the drive settings at each start of the car as it defaults to Comfort despite what it may say ! 

Out of interest what sort of mpg are you getting from your R-Line ? ... mine varies from 42-58mpg depending on variables such as outside temperature, length of drive, speed on motorway    

There is no difference in any setting that's what's so frustrating and I can't get an answer from anyone. As for mpg, I consistently get between 45 and 65 mpg for non-motorway and motorway driving respectively.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd take it to your dealer then as it's easy enough for them to check.  In Sport mode the car will not enter ECO mode at all, whereas in ECO mode it will constantly drop to zero revs downhill with no foot on accelerator.   

I've checked mine again and two symbols appear on the dash when in ECO mode and "coasting" downhill at zero revs

- the "eco" symbol at the bottom and

- the Stop / Start symbol at the top.

In Sport mode neither of these appear when "coasting" downhill.