• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So one of the big disappointments for me with the R was the seats ….   sorted that today and to say I’m over the moon would be an understatement!    So so much nicer and elevates the

it’s  always been a high priority with my cars….the right seats can make or break a car for me ….and for the money these are a bargain in my opinion … unlike these that I bought a while ago   

Well I’m an old man, it’s probably why I liked them so much. 😃

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, EcosseGolfR said:

I thought that the mk7 and mk7.5 R seats were really good, in fact I’ve done quite a few 7-8 hr journey’s in them and felt great afterwards, nicely bolstered in the sides for when you throw the car in the corners.

never had an issue with how comfortable they are …. It was mainly just the looks for me . It’s meant to  be a Uber hot hatch and the seats just shout old man …. In the same way that e46 / e92 seat also do . Just not sporty looking enough for the quality of car they are in . 

3 minutes ago, Bodyboarder81 said:

never had an issue with how comfortable they are …. It was mainly just the looks for me . It’s meant to  be a Uber hot hatch and the seats just shout old man …. In the same way that e46 / e92 seat also do . Just not sporty looking enough for the quality of car they are in . 

Well I’m an old man, it’s probably why I liked them so much. 😃

3 hours ago, Bodyboarder81 said:

So one of the big disappointments for me with the R was the seats ….

sorted that today and to say I’m over the moon would be an understatement! 

So so much nicer and elevates the interior worthy of a flagship VW 

B2D42FCD-E203-4107-AD10-B9E419A4337B.jpeg

1DEE0A8E-5CCE-4C02-9FDE-19BDC231435F.jpeg

734CD024-49F9-479F-AA52-5DF5A72FC770.jpeg

8EC34ACD-6C99-4636-A50E-F5A8C88FCF20.jpeg

549726D4-F0B6-40CC-B5A2-EB8E8D60A92D.jpeg

Very nice and you beat me to it. Friend of mine popped around a few weeks ago in his Mk8 R-line and been planning on doing the same as the seats are a big upgrade over the Mk7, were these from a breakers in Peterborough by any chance?

27 minutes ago, Stobsie said:

Very nice and you beat me to it. Friend of mine popped around a few weeks ago in his Mk8 R-line and been planning on doing the same as the seats are a big upgrade over the Mk7, were these from a breakers in Peterborough by any chance?

no these were off gumtree / eBay …. I was very reluctant to buy a set from any breakers / Facebook dodgy dealers . These came from a nice chap that actually had them in his TCR … but being caught doing 176mph was thinking he may not need them in the very near future ! 

paid a little more to him to deliver them to me and it worked out great 

I agree. I’ve always been slightly envious of the Audi offering with their wingback seats. Just a shame it took VW so long to see it and fix it with the Mk8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
41 minutes ago, greenandblue said:

I agree. I’ve always been slightly envious of the Audi offering with their wingback seats. Just a shame it took VW so long to see it and fix it with the Mk8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah I’d say these are very similar to the same era optional Audi S3 sports seats 

20 hours ago, GMballistic said:

Personally changing the seats isn't something I'd consider as I actually quite like the standard R seats

Boy even for Wingbacks?

5 minutes ago, NRW said:

Boy even for Wingbacks?

I'd just rather put money into other mods rather than the seats. 

If I was a millionaire then I'd try sitting in some wingbacks and if I liked the comfort level then obviously I'd change but having done some long journeys in my car as well as spirited driving I am happy enough with them. 😊

13 minutes ago, GMballistic said:

I'd just rather put money into other mods rather than the seats. 

If I was a millionaire then I'd try sitting in some wingbacks and if I liked the comfort level then obviously I'd change but having done some long journeys in my car as well as spirited driving I am happy enough with them. 😊

it’s  always been a high priority with my cars….the right seats can make or break a car for me ….and for the money these are a bargain in my opinion … unlike these that I bought a while ago 

8DCFEA86-8608-45EE-A29B-B135836811D7.jpeg

9EED6B15-8C3D-4663-888D-AB6CBB54F7E3.jpeg