New seat! I’m in love :)

I agree. I’ve always been slightly envious of the Audi offering with their wingback seats. Just a shame it took VW so long to see it and fix it with the Mk8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Audi seats only look nice
(and that they do)

The 8 I drove (GTI) was just beyond comfy
If I had to reimagine a car seat
That would be it - it’s that good

it’s  always been a high priority with my cars….the right seats can make or break a car for me ….and for the money these are a bargain in my opinion … unlike these that I bought a while ago 

http://vwroc.s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/monthly_2022_05/8DCFEA86-8608-45EE-A29B-B135836811D7.thumb.jpeg.fe66cba9d9d8f98fcfbdcc7792fd2c57.jpeg
http://vwroc.s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/monthly_2022_05/9EED6B15-8C3D-4663-888D-AB6CBB54F7E3.thumb.jpeg.2b9d4fc7f2bf0b6bd12a5b7db1574245.jpeg

I can’t even bring myself to ask. I’m wincing at the thought of just how non-bargain these are!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, GMballistic said:

@Bodyboarder81 I do agree with you that the right seats are a high priority and can make or break a car. 

That Porsche seat though wow, ...looks amazing just way above my pay grade. 😅 😉

was always a dream of mine to own a Porsche and get those seats …. But sold the car as soon as covid hit , as I live in the real world and did not want that sort of money in a car when I have a young family and responsibility’s that are far more important than a car . 

• 2 years later...
On 30/04/2022 at 19:00, Bodyboarder81 said:

yes straight in …. Only thing I’ll need to figure out is the seat heating . The seats are heated but don’t seem to work with my controls . Not looked into it yet but could be a coding type thing or maybe not possible due to the mk8 control system being different. 

Thread resurrection!  Did you ever get the heated controls working in the end?  Were the seats you took out also heated?  Ta.

15 hours ago, TurboTrev said:

Thread resurrection!  Did you ever get the heated controls working in the end?  Were the seats you took out also heated?  Ta.

No he didn’t the seats now reside in my R. The wiring in the plug harness is pinned differently between the mk7 & 8 I did plan on getting them to work initially but to be honest it’s never bothered me, I removed my leather seats to fit theses & can’t say I see the point in heated cloth seats. 

18 hours ago, Stobsie said:

No he didn’t the seats now reside in my R. The wiring in the plug harness is pinned differently between the mk7 & 8 I did plan on getting them to work initially but to be honest it’s never bothered me, I removed my leather seats to fit theses & can’t say I see the point in heated cloth seats. 

Thanks for the reply.  I know what you mean, heated is more necessary in leather.

4 hours ago, TurboTrev said:

@Stobsie - sorry, meant to ask, how many plugs do the heated seats have (in total) and what are the colours (any photos)?  I can see that many of the advertised seats have a red and a yellow plug, I assume heated have 3 plugs?  Thanks.

Both seats only have 2 plugs, Red is for the heating/ seat belt warning & on the passenger seat it will have wires for the occupancy sensor. Yellow is for seat Airbag. 
Think it maybe possible just to swap the seat harness over but like I said it’s never bother me not having them working.

Only other thing I forgot to mention doing this conversion is on the rear seats the center seat belt buckle is different between the MK7/8 so if you carry a middle rear passenger or have a child seat you’ll need to buy the part of seat belt that attaches to the chassis for it to latch so on the last MOT I just put the original rear seat back in. 

connector in car MK7

IMG_0193.jpeg
MK8 Drivers seat plug

IMG_0196.jpeg

MK7 Drivers seat plug

IMG_0198.jpeg

9 hours ago, TheBlondeFella said:

Cloth seats don't get cold like leather seats

Maybe not but on a frosty morning the engine heating takes a while to get going whereas heated seats give you instant warmth. 

I’ll likely be speccing 4 heated seats next time. Prefer to use the seats to stay nicely comfy - without needing the ambient temp in the cabin overly warm, stifling, overheated. 
but etto