• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, another R gone!   Mine was taken from my drive on Wednesday night, number plates dumped at the bottom of the road. You can’t have anything now a day’s     Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, wouldn't use valuing tools as they're trade in prices.    You need to use live adverts on auto trader to show insurers what it will cost to replace the car like for like should you get

No consolation but at least no face to face confrontation and risk to family with the scroats coming into your house, though I’m sure it still feels a complete violation of your property.  I think you

Posted Images

Keyless, 3 scrotes were on CCTV from a neighbour but no faces or number plate on their car. Police not interested, I await to see what the insurance offer. Any tips on dealing with the insurer’s?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So sorry to hear of this John.  Total crap.   Hope nobody hurt or caught up in the theft.  The distress and loss is bad enough to suffer.

Suggest some valuations on your car to use to help you when negotiating a payout value later, from your Insurer,  if it comes to this.   Motorway,  CarSell, WBAC etc.  try use the higher valuations as a bargaining tool for a better payout.   (Valuations can vary quite dramatically +/- £1500-£2k).

wish you the best of luck with it all 🙏

16 hours ago, Bernie said:

Keyless, 3 scrotes were on CCTV from a neighbour but no faces or number plate on their car. Police not interested, I await to see what the insurance offer. Any tips on dealing with the insurer’s?

No consolation but at least no face to face confrontation and risk to family with the scroats coming into your house, though I’m sure it still feels a complete violation of your property.  I think you have the unfortunate fact of being the first forum member to be a victim of keyless theft.  As Neil says above, get some prices.  Did you have GAP insurance at all?  

No consolation but at least no face to face confrontation and risk to family with the scroats coming into your house, though I’m sure it still feels a complete violation of your property.  I think you have the unfortunate fact of being the first forum member to be a victim of keyless theft.  As Neil says above, get some valuations.  Did you have GAP insurance at all?  

No Gap insurance, the car was 6 years old. I’m looking at valuations as well, but getting a car for the valuations coming up will be impossible

Sorry to hear this.  This is one of my fears keyless entry I have bought one of those theft boxes to put my keys in hopefully stops the  key signal being transmitted. 
hopefully they might find you car in one piece. 

5 hours ago, Bernie said:

No Gap insurance, the car was 6 years old. I’m looking at valuations as well, but getting a car for the valuations coming up will be impossible

Yes, wouldn't use valuing tools as they're trade in prices. 

You need to use live adverts on auto trader to show insurers what it will cost to replace the car like for like should you get a low ball offer. 

First rule, generally, is to never accept the first offer. 

Yes , as @jrw says , motorway etc are Trade values.  These set ups market a car for the Trade to buy and then sell on to a customer.   Mark up will be £1500, 2500 maybe more in some cases.  

8 hours ago, Bernie said:

Keyless, 3 scrotes were on CCTV from a neighbour but no faces or number plate on their car. Police not interested, 

Horrible thing to happen but as mentioned thankfully you didn't have to deal with them breaking in or assault you or family etc. 

The Police will only be interested when they can have some fun chasing it, :rolleyes: ....every time I watch Police Interceptors or Traffic Cops on TV there seems to be countless times the Police could have stopped the car chase before it begins or blocked the thieves escape but they seem to let them get away so they can have a good car chase. 

Hope you get a decent pay out from the Insurers. 

I’d say to anyone sitting on the fence about upping their car and home security to do so now.

I always had an immobiliser and tracker system on the car from day one. The house however was the weak point.

A month ago that all changed after falling victim to a break in where they were looking for my keys. 
The most disturbing aspect was that we were all awake but upstairs and they must have heard movement upstairs but still turned over downstairs looking for the keys. Then my partner thought she heard a noise and we both went downstairs to investigate. Nothing appeared out of place so returned upstairs. 30 minutes later I went downstairs for a snack and found the contents of our bags lying on the floor and drawer’s that were closed left open. 
They clearly hung around after us checking the first time.

on closer examination we found they had completely removed a window to get in. Externally beaded windows are a massive security flaw.

Anyway the scum bags didn’t get my keys so they left empty handed.

I’ve subsequently spent around a grand on various alarm components and intruder lighting and associated cameras.

I’d rather have spent the grand on the car but unfortunately it’s the world we live in where if you have nice things someone will think they have a right to help themselves to it rather than work hard to get there own.

Sorry to hear about the theft 

As others have said, get some ads on similar (age, milage, condition) cars for sale as starting point 

Good outside lighting, decent locks, faraday pouch and a dog are the best security. Our dog hears anyone approaching on our drive and gives a warning  bark or six

Sorry to hear about the theft 

As others have said, get some ads on similar (age, milage, condition) cars for sale as starting point 

Good outside lighting, decent locks, faraday pouch and a dog are the best security. Our dog hears anyone approaching on our drive and gives a warning  bark or six

We have the dog, deaf as a post , lighting good, locks good, I guess the lack of Faraday pouch was a weak spot.

Been looking at ads, not too many 16 plates with prets, & leather about. I have not put the other extras in.

I think there will be a huge difference between what the insurance offer & what I can get a similar car for. This may be fun

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I have the payout and pleasantly surprised, not far off what I’d wanted.

I also have a result from VWFS. In Feb I took out a service & warranty plan for £800. I rang them & told them my car has been stolen, any chance of a partial repayment as they are not warranting anything or going to be undertaking the remaining service & MOT, they said No. I raised a complaint ( cheeky, I know), they rang me back and as a gesture of goodwill they have returned me £618 (£800 - a service & MOT). Result, VWFS do have a heart

Now, what car to get for 6 months whilst I await my company car ( going electric, BIK to good to miss)