New member and soon to be owner 7.5 R

Hi all

I’m new to the forum but not to Golfs. I’ve paid a deposit on a 7.5 R white with  black prets, pan roof, leather seats. Can’t wait to pick her up as I’ve wanted an R for years

I’ve had a few golfs before…

Big bumper mk2 GTI

mk3 GTi

mk4 GT TDi

mk5 GTI

mk7 GTD

Will post pics when I pick up but thought I’d say hi

Neil

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well it’s been a nightmare since my last post. Each week there’s been another problem and further delays. Decided after 9 weeks enough was enough so looked elsewhere and finally picked up this beauty.

Hi all   I’m new to the forum but not to Golfs. I’ve paid a deposit on a 7.5 R white with  black prets, pan roof, leather seats. Can’t wait to pick her up as I’ve wanted an R for years

I love black cars but having owned one I can't say I miss noticing imperfections, swirls and refractions.

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Booth11 said:

Hi and welcome to the forum!  

:welcome:

Good choice on the R, sounds a lovely spec car, when do you pick it up?  Look forward to seeing the pics.  

Thanks. not sure yet, hopefully know more tomorrow or Wednesday 

Edited by neilybealy
  • 1 month later...

Well it’s been a nightmare since my last post. Each week there’s been another problem and further delays. Decided after 9 weeks enough was enough so looked elsewhere and finally picked up this beauty. Not white, no sunroof but very shiny and dynaudio which is well worth it

72C5A4F0-01CC-45D0-9628-1D8C661AC7AA.jpeg

D192D701-B30E-446D-8C90-7676ECBACB2A.jpeg

2A2CFE69-53B1-4880-8072-9B754F67EF47.jpeg

On 02/05/2022 at 19:28, neilybealy said:

I’d love to still have the mk2 gti. Oak green metallic and bbs alloys. It looked great

I lusted after my mate's Oak Green, big bumper 16v with BBS' ... He wrote it off by piss-poor driving and understeering into a ditch, racing a Phase 2 Renault 5 GT. What a sponge.

Lovely new car too! 😄

5 hours ago, neilybealy said:

Well it’s been a nightmare since my last post. Each week there’s been another problem and further delays. Decided after 9 weeks enough was enough so looked elsewhere and finally picked up this beauty. Not white, no sunroof but very shiny and dynaudio which is well worth it

72C5A4F0-01CC-45D0-9628-1D8C661AC7AA.jpeg

D192D701-B30E-446D-8C90-7676ECBACB2A.jpeg

2A2CFE69-53B1-4880-8072-9B754F67EF47.jpeg

Nice one mate. I pick up almost an identical car in the next couple of days…!

On 23/06/2022 at 12:54, MJC1216 said:

Lovely car and an approved VW so no worries.

Would be nice to know the full story about the problems you had with the white one.

That saga still hasn’t been resolved so I’ll save that til my deposit has been returned 🤐

4 hours ago, neilybealy said:

That saga still hasn’t been resolved so I’ll save that til my deposit has been returned 🤐

Hope you get it refunded soon. If you paid via credit card and the seller is being awkward maybe see if the credit card company can get it back for you instead?

Anyway love your black Golf R ~ looks great. White is a PITA so I think you dodged a nuisance car imho as I was forever trying to get tar marks etc off my last car a white Beemer.

12 hours ago, Deano said:

Black is a nicer colour than white so win win. I can see the triangle camera at the top of windscreen so I assume this is a later 19/69 plate with keyless, DLA and reverse cam as standard?

Yes all those as just turned 3 years old.