Mk7.5 outright vs Mk8 lease

Grr

7 hours ago, Booth11 said:

That’s a good point about electric cars. That is the exception for me regards buying outright as the tech is moving on so rapidly it would be waste of cash.  But for the time being I’m not done with petrol. 

Too right.

No way would I but an electric car. Could well be the next Betamax...

4 hours ago, bertie1249 said:

I was luckier than you, I went in 2014 😁and to be honest I was glad to see the back of it, especially the night shifts in freezing winter. By the end I was too frightened to even “cough” wondering as to whether someone would make a complaint or feel offended🥴
Miss my friends and alas some have already passed away all too soon. Wife is the only worker in the household now👍🏻
If I didn’t have to continually pay for her Florida holiday’s , I’d have probably got an RS3 by now, but hey I really love my MK7.5.

Yeah love my 7 

Were you MPS?

I was MPS 87-1998 the A&S thereafter until 2017. Glad & lucky  I was under the old 87 pension scheme tbh. The only carrot left has now been well and truly eroded.

30 is more than enough like you glad to retire.

Did an awful lot in MPS especially where cars were concerned. Worked with quite a few petrol heads and mad bikers!

9 hours ago, Msportman said:

Yeah love my 7 

Were you MPS?

I was MPS 87-1998 the A&S thereafter until 2017. Glad & lucky  I was under the old 87 pension scheme tbh. The only carrot left has now been well and truly eroded.

30 is more than enough like you glad to retire.

Did an awful lot in MPS especially where cars were concerned. Worked with quite a few petrol heads and mad bikers!

No didn’t do MPS, all done in NWP. I too was lucky under the old pension. Everything had been eroded by the time I left. Anyone with over 20 the common topic was “can’t wait to retire”. Morale was at rock bottom, no one had trust in the organisation. Theresa May was the final nail in the coffin. Felt sorry for the young lot, but hey who cares I’m out of it 👍🏻 And I’ve got some great memories/stories.😉😂

1 hour ago, bertie1249 said:

No didn’t do MPS, all done in NWP. I too was lucky under the old pension. Everything had been eroded by the time I left. Anyone with over 20 the common topic was “can’t wait to retire”. Morale was at rock bottom, no one had trust in the organisation. Theresa May was the final nail in the coffin. Felt sorry for the young lot, but hey who cares I’m out of it 👍🏻 And I’ve got some great memories/stories.😉😂

Yeah could ramble all day on the subject but hey we’re here because of cars 😀

18 hours ago, NRW said:

Any feedback on life with a CH-R  Huw to enlighten the dim, please?

Totally different to the R, obviously.

Really relaxing to drive. Keeps up with traffic easily and amazed how much it’s in EV mode under 55 mph. Did a 15 mile drive last weekend, mixed roads, some stop start, some 50 mph, showing 93 mpg. App shows summary data for each trip, week, month etc.

Impressed with tech. Lane centring control is amazing, uses camera to keep you in the centre of the lane and combined with active cruise makes motorway during a doddle. Sat Nav and various other gizmos are over the air updates and way better than the Nav in my old 7.5.

Still adjusting the numerous safety bleeps, crash alert etc. and getting used to different steering wheel controls. Sports seats (leather / alcantara) very comfortable and supportive. Didn’t have electric adjustment on the R and loving it now.

10 year warranty is a bonus too...