Golf Mk8 R 20th Anniversary?

Booth11

1 hour ago, Wads said:

How many R 20,s do we think are coming to the uk then 

The information issued to dealers before the launch said "volume approximately 400" and production would end at week 25/2023.  It also said that the Akra was part of the standard spec.

10 minutes ago, TurboTrev said:

The information isued to dealers before the launch said "volume approximately 400" and production would end at week 25/2023.  It also said that the Akra was part of the standard spec.

Would have been nice if the Akra was standard spec

1 hour ago, Msportman said:

Not a particularly glowing review by EVO by all accounts.

No but it’s as @AHG says. Evo are renowned for their sketchy and inconsistent reviews (take the 8R for example); and owners views will tell a different story.  I just used that link to show mpv the car, rather than anything else.  Could have easily posted any other review but that evo one had good pics of the Ed45.  

1 hour ago, Booth11 said:

No but it’s as @AHG says. Evo are renowned for their sketchy and inconsistent reviews (take the 8R for example); and owners views will tell a different story.  I just used that link to show mpv the car, rather than anything else.  Could have easily posted any other review but that evo one had good pics of the Ed45.  

They’ve never been that positive about the Golf other than when the MK7 first appeared. 

There was praise for the MK5 GTI but most VAG stuff is usual mainstream gripes.

They tend to be either big Renault fanboys over many years or Honda in the hot hatch sector.  Renault do nothing for me other than big electrical bills in the garage !! Honda I have time for except corrosion on early cars.

6 hours ago, Msportman said:

They’ve never been that positive about the Golf other than when the MK7 first appeared. 

There was praise for the MK5 GTI but most VAG stuff is usual mainstream gripes.

They tend to be either big Renault fanboys over many years or Honda in the hot hatch sector.  Renault do nothing for me other than big electrical bills in the garage !! Honda I have time for except corrosion on early cars.

I had a Rensult Clio once (the shame 🤣) and the electrics on it were a disaster.  

Every rtime it rained the car would go into limp home mode - embarrassing!! Took 2 years to identify the fault - a metal box fitted to the back of the rocker cover designed to enclose and  protect the wiring loom. It did exactly the opposite.

Will never buy a French car again