Jump to content

Golf Mk8 R 20th Anniversary?


Booth11

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Rossi51 said:

Wee update on my cancelled Motorfinity order and my GR Yaris.  First off the GR its not for me dont get me wrong its great fun for a Sunday B road blast if you can find a B road with no stupid cyclists.....! Its just to noisy and lacks the creature comforts for me to want to keep it.  Which leads me to Motorfinity. I called them today with the intention of placing a new order for a 20 year this time with the HK which my previous order did not have.  They then informed me oh we still have your cancelled order which now has a Build week 38 and should be in UK November......we can do for the same price:cool: Ordered.  Just need to move the GR now lol

When did you first order with motorfinity I ordered end October no build date yet 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes R20 with the following spec:

Head up Display,

Rear view camera

Dynamic chassis control (DCC) - variable suspension settings sport, comfort and normal Akrapovic titanium sport exhaust system

Black door mirrors with integrated indicators

Premium metallic - Lapiz blue

19" Estoril black alloy wheel with anti theft wheel bolts

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Rossi51 said:

Yes R20 with the following spec:

Head up Display,

Rear view camera

Dynamic chassis control (DCC) - variable suspension settings sport, comfort and normal Akrapovic titanium sport exhaust system

Black door mirrors with integrated indicators

Premium metallic - Lapiz blue

19" Estoril black alloy wheel with anti theft wheel bolts

Hopefully all the issues will be sorted with the cars by the end of the year then . Might even have an engine cover on by then ha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rossi51 said:

Yes R20 with the following spec:

Head up Display,

Rear view camera

Dynamic chassis control (DCC) - variable suspension settings sport, comfort and normal Akrapovic titanium sport exhaust system

Black door mirrors with integrated indicators

Premium metallic - Lapiz blue

19" Estoril black alloy wheel with anti theft wheel bolts

Think you are the first on here that ordered with motorfinity to have a build date. Hope for the rest of us then 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Rossi51 said:

Wee update on my cancelled Motorfinity order and my GR Yaris.  First off the GR its not for me dont get me wrong its great fun for a Sunday B road blast if you can find a B road with no stupid cyclists.....! Its just to noisy and lacks the creature comforts for me to want to keep it.  Which leads me to Motorfinity. I called them today with the intention of placing a new order for a 20 year this time with the HK which my previous order did not have.  They then informed me oh we still have your cancelled order which now has a Build week 38 and should be in UK November......we can do for the same price:cool: Ordered.  Just need to move the GR now lol

 

 

I had a go in the GR Yaris. At just 6ft talk, the rear view mirror position was an issue for me. Huge blind spot 😂

Edited by jgray2023
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, dopper99 said:

 

I take it you test drove one before you bought it? 🙂

I did test drive before I bought it yes.  Like I said its a hoot to drive when you want to blast it not so much fun\comfort toddling about. I probably bought into the hype of everyone saying this car is amazing which it is if you have like 5 other cars and this one is for high days and holidays.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Rossi51 said:

Wee update on my cancelled Motorfinity order and my GR Yaris.  First off the GR its not for me dont get me wrong its great fun for a Sunday B road blast if you can find a B road with no stupid cyclists.....! Its just to noisy and lacks the creature comforts for me to want to keep it.  Which leads me to Motorfinity. I called them today with the intention of placing a new order for a 20 year this time with the HK which my previous order did not have.  They then informed me oh we still have your cancelled order which now has a Build week 38 and should be in UK November......we can do for the same price:cool: Ordered.  Just need to move the GR now lol

Good to hear you’ve got a build week from Motorfinity. I ordered beginning of February but I’m hopeful now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rossi51 said:

I did test drive before I bought it yes.  Like I said its a hoot to drive when you want to blast it not so much fun\comfort toddling about. I probably bought into the hype of everyone saying this car is amazing which it is if you have like 5 other cars and this one is for high days and holidays.

I am in the same position...i have one on order and i agree it's probably best used as a second car for weekend fun.

I don't have a date for mine to arrive so when it's time i will either update my partners car so we have something nice during the week or keep my 7.5 until VW sort out the software issues.

First world problems.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if VW warranty covers track use? For example, if I'm on track and I crap a drive shaft, is that covered?

 

I've a mk3 focus RS currently, and track use was covered under fords warranty. But just wondered if anyone knows if VW covered it?

Edited by jgray2023
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Current Donation Goals

    • Raised £170
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...