Golf Mk8 R 20th Anniversary?

Booth11

I’ve the blue highlighted wheels for the R20- which were removed before I collected the car .It’s currently sitting on Racing line R360 wheels - but I’m thinking of  fitting the original wheels on it  - but I couldn’t have them with blue on them as I just don’t like how they look but I could have them refinished in a silver colour and I thinking something similar to the Blue Chrome seen in Pretoria’s or something very close to that - I  don’t like black wheels so that rules that out 

Would it detract from the resale value if I was to do this ? Personally I don’t think it would as the car was with both the blue and black version of the Estorial wheels 

Also do you think it would suit the car which is white 

3 minutes ago, SEAN G said:

I’ve the blue highlighted wheels for the R20- which were removed before I collected the car .It’s currently sitting on Racing line R360 wheels - but I’m thinking of  fitting the original wheels on it  - but I couldn’t have them with blue on them as I just don’t like how they look but I could have them refinished in a silver colour and I thinking something similar to the Blue Chrome seen in Pretoria’s or something very close to that - I  don’t like black wheels so that rules that out 

Would it detract from the resale value if I was to do this ? Personally I don’t think it would as the car was with both the blue and black version of the Estorial wheels 

I think black estorial wheels looks really good on a white R20. My son has them on his. He changed the mirror caps to black also.

17 hours ago, Rupert said:

Funny enough I was adamant I didn’t want the pan roof. The prospect of having an another large lump of glass just waiting for a stone chip wasn’t one which appealed. The weight up top was also a strong factor, as @AHG mentioned.  
Having also seen a few which look to have cracked through body flex on here, I feel made the right choice, most of my driving is on twisty undulating county lanes. I could see that becoming a weak point long term.  When is yours landing? 

Fair enough hahaha. If I win the lottery I'll buy 2, one for the track and one for cruising haha. Unfortunately no such luck yet, so trying to satisfy both needs 😂 But yes, I live in rural Scotland so have the same types of roads. 

No official date yet sadly, was supposed to be being built 3 weeks ago, but that date was unconfirmed. Waiting for a new build date now, in my list to speak to my dealer but been too busy during the day. I'd guess it'll be the middle of next year before I see it to be honest (ordered March 2023)

3 hours ago, Parky-SPP said:

Pan roof was a priority on my options list. I've got one on my RS3 and personally prefer the look of both cars with the roof. I won't be tracking the R20 so won't have any issue with the extra 30kg, if it is noticeable

Do you track the RS3 at all?

3 hours ago, SEAN G said:

On a white car, I actually like the all black estroils, or a anthracite colour too. But tbh, I don't mind the blue/black wheels since the blue matches the blue mirror covers

12 hours ago, Parky-SPP said:

Pan roof was a priority on my options list. I've got one on my RS3 and personally prefer the look of both cars with the roof. I won't be tracking the R20 so won't have any issue with the extra 30kg, if it is noticeable

I love the RS3, and if I’m honest I’m actually gutted I didn’t move faster to get one before the factory orders closed. Looks like they are they are testing a facelift one now. 

8 hours ago, jgray2023 said:

Fair enough hahaha. If I win the lottery I'll buy 2, one for the track and one for cruising haha. Unfortunately no such luck yet, so trying to satisfy both needs 😂 But yes, I live in rural Scotland so have the same types of roads. 

No official date yet sadly, was supposed to be being built 3 weeks ago, but that date was unconfirmed. Waiting for a new build date now, in my list to speak to my dealer but been too busy during the day. I'd guess it'll be the middle of next year before I see it to be honest (ordered March 2023)

The dream ey, a garage full of hot hatches and the Sunday super car? 😉

I must have got lucky with mine, my initial order was placed in May, duly rejected by VW as I had spec’d the audio upgrade. Which at the time must have been in short supply. 
However, the dealer apparently had another order for the dealer principle, which they were happy to let me have. Not sure how much truth there was in that, but the car is currently sat at the dealer waiting for me to go collect it.
Was quite funny, they told me it was dockside in the last week of Nov, I asked about ship details and got nothing. So I set about finding out what the ship names are used carry VW cars. Found one, which looked a likely candidate (Weser Highway), it was due in Emden weekend before last, and was scheduled to arrive in Grimsby late Sunday (3rd Dec). I tracked it over using a ship tracker and I rang the dealer on late Monday to ask if it had landed in the UK yet, he said ‘no it’s still on the dock in Germany’. He rings on the Wednesday to say it had actually landed and was already being processed. 

Classic dealership BS

they know nothing but pretend they do

Most importantly - enjoy your new car 🙂

23 hours ago, Scudgie said:

Tanning your head? 

I can assure you that the interior retractable screen prevents any unwanted tanning 🤣🤣🤣

I can assure you that ~20deg closer to the equator it does not prevent it 🙂

My mk6 had a rigid screen that really worked, but the fabric ones do a medium job, at best. 

Me and and my spouse’s previous cars, 2018 S3 and 2014 Q3, both had those.
In high summer I used to wear a cap or bandana and put sunblock on the back of by neck.

14 hours ago, Rupert said:

The dream ey, a garage full of hot hatches and the Sunday super car? 😉

I must have got lucky with mine, my initial order was placed in May, duly rejected by VW as I had spec’d the audio upgrade. Which at the time must have been in short supply. 
However, the dealer apparently had another order for the dealer principle, which they were happy to let me have. Not sure how much truth there was in that, but the car is currently sat at the dealer waiting for me to go collect it.
Was quite funny, they told me it was dockside in the last week of Nov, I asked about ship details and got nothing. So I set about finding out what the ship names are used carry VW cars. Found one, which looked a likely candidate (Weser Highway), it was due in Emden weekend before last, and was scheduled to arrive in Grimsby late Sunday (3rd Dec). I tracked it over using a ship tracker and I rang the dealer on late Monday to ask if it had landed in the UK yet, he said ‘no it’s still on the dock in Germany’. He rings on the Wednesday to say it had actually landed and was already being processed. 

Hahaha.

And is if by magic.... I'm now status 20 (confirmed build date) of WW50.. so end of this week it should be built

Only thing is, I might flip from status 20, back to 10, then back to 20 again. But if that happens, the second status 20 date is the real one apparently

Might get the car sooner than I expected... Too late to take the sunroof off now though 😂

Spec:

20 edition

Pan roof

Akrapovic

Harman Kardon

DCC

Camera

Black estroils (didn't like the blue)

9 hours ago, Rupert said:

I love the RS3, and if I’m honest I’m actually gutted I didn’t move faster to get one before the factory orders closed. Looks like they are they are testing a facelift one now. 

Aaah fair enough. Bit too pricey for me, hoping to buy a house soon. Even the golf was a stretch. Lol. I've also got a 2018 Amarok which I'm under pressure to get rid of once the golf comes ..... But that pressure will continue to be resisted hahaha 

11 hours ago, Rupert said:

I was looking at an 8Y Vorsprung in red and was a bit slow ordering too. Same as you with regard to the orders closing