Golf Mk8 R 20th Anniversary?

Booth11

14 minutes ago, beetle1 said:

Dealership expedited the parts direct from the factory and were delivered yesterday

Let me fix that for you:

“Dealership were surprised to see a truck with the parts arrive yesterday”

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, jgray2023 said:

It's finally here! Ordered March 2023, picked it up yesterday

20 years edition, akra, dcc, pan roof, HK, rear cam

Favourite thing so far...I'm loving the air conditioned seats. Amazing. 😂

20240127_110414~2.JPG

Identical spec to what I ordered in February 23. Still waiting on mine but I’ve had a confirmed build week, 5th February, so hopefully won’t be long 

3 hours ago, SEAN G said:

Just out of curiosity would anyone have any idea what  the registration R20 EDT be worth - currently I have it on my R20 but thinking of putting one of my other registrations on it 

I put your reg in the 'net and it came up with this:

https://www.swiftreg.co.uk/number-plates/r20 edt

image.png.af8705489a679ec85d9787424328f729.png

so the answer is not much.

An R20 owner might give you a bit more, but there arn't many about of course for there to be much competition of someone wanting the plate.

10 hours ago, SEAN G said:

Just out of curiosity would anyone have any idea what  the registration R20 EDT be worth - currently I have it on my R20 but thinking of putting one of my other registrations on it 

Nice plate, adverise it and see what interest you get. I was looking for R20 ANV but it's on a 1998 BMW - not personalised. VW20 ANV is available for £399, was tempted. I've got a personalised plate that I've had for over 20 years so I'll probably just stick with that though

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, jgray2023 said:

Does anyone know if it's possible to get mobile keys for the mk 8 R 20Y?

I saw that VW do them, but I don't see the option to activate it in the Volkswagen app. Any one have any ideas?

I have mobile key and would advise that you check the compatibility of your phone before you add this option.

Last I heard, the functionality only works with Samsung phone (but not all). There's a function in the VW app where it will run a compatibility test, but make sure you have NFC running before you open the app.

To access it, open the app, then settings and select mobile key in the manage vehicle section. You'll need to sign in with your VWid and run the test.

I bought the mobile key package (5 keys) when ordering my car... but I believe you can order as many as you want via the in car Shop.

Each key that you assign to the vehicle has a 12 month time span and, as I've only just found out, unassigned keys have a 3 year time span. I've have 1 unassigned key that I won't get to use.