Golf Mk8 R 20th Anniversary?

Booth11

Jus been out for another look.  It really is just the centre console. Took a couple of pics of other bits I now see but would be being very picky.

New centre console and price of interior valet would prob suffice.  Just leaves a bad taste.

20240328_075230.jpg

20240328_075158.jpg

20240328_075033.jpg

19 minutes ago, Revad said:

I thought maybe I was over reacting as I had said no valet and no wash.  Car was cover in bird dropping ect on the outside also.  I have cleaned it but haven't driven it.  It really has soured the New Car buzz for me.  Now wondering if I should be rejecting this?

Nobody would expect the inside of a new car to be presented like that even asking for it not to be valeted.  It’s beyond me how a car with 7 miles on it has not only been delivered in that state, but actually got into that state.   That’s more the question - why is it in such a filthy state in the first place.  

I didn’t have my car washed or valeted inside or outside by the dealership, and on the inside, apart from a bit of dust, it was clean - see pics I took of it on the day of collection (mid March 2021) after driving it home (30 miles) from the dealership, but before I did any detailing on it myself. This was before they changed the console to piano black. 

1BD061F9-B960-4CC7-A3BE-2CEEDC83CE51

610BD3BB-3E17-43D7-9BC8-236B3993FCC1

CB6BE486-2D39-4B44-BAF9-737927E3809B

Have you checked for etching on the paintwork as bird poo can really easy into the clearcoat.  

7 minutes ago, Revad said:

Jus been out for another look.  It really is just the centre console. Took a couple of pics of other bits I now see but would be being very picky.

New centre console and price of interior valet would prob suffice.  Just leaves a bad taste.

20240328_075230.jpg

20240328_075158.jpg

20240328_075033.jpg

I’d put that to them - replacement of damaged trim and a full detail (including correction due to bird poo etching) at a detailer of YOUR choice.   

Mid on floor looks like was parked on grass and driver had muddy boots.

Doesn’t make scratches acceptable though

Did you get confirmation PDI had been done? if not reject the car or get a full detail, valet, trim replaced as necessary, and look for a servicing contribution?

15 minutes ago, Shug said:

Mid on floor looks like was parked on grass and driver had muddy boots.

Doesn’t make scratches acceptable though

Did you get confirmation PDI had been done? if not reject the car or get a full detail, valet, trim replaced as necessary, and look for a servicing contribution?

I actually don't know if the car had a PDI thanks certainly what the transport driver said.

All I asked was not to drill plates and not to valet.

Will ask Motorfinity about this.

45 minutes ago, Revad said:

Also does anyone know, can I drive the car atm ? or will this invalidate any claim I may have?

Hasn't moved since Tue when delivered.

I’d check and ask advice your account manager at Motorfinity. They seem very helpful tbf

Here are my 2-cents on the matter

you don’t have to agree of course

Just my realization of reality and attitude

Which ever part needs replacing should be replaced, they can do it under warranty or whatever, as car should arrive whole.

I would find how what it actually cost online, so I would know what to expect of they don’t. Maybe it’s £40 which is still annoying but less of a big deal.

(maybe switch to MY22 grey instead of piano black).

Other than that, it is annoying but they can just say “we usually clean before delivery, but you asked us not to”, so kind of a tie there.

You should ask them to chip in for detailing, but whatever they give you (from 0 to full cost) I’d take it and say thank you, even more so the scratched trim is replaced.

You can drive the car, shouldn’t make any difference. You have pics to show it was like that when it got off the transport. But make the claim (by email, with pics) ASAP, that is most important. 

Don’t let it ruin your experience. Take it to a detailer and let them “make it new”, with a good once over and maybe polish and PPF if you’d like.

They may also be able to renew the center console for you, BTW (I prefer to avoid replacing parts if I don’t have to. Those cars aren’t Lego and they tend to “get annoyed” when things get ripped out and reinstalled too much.

Lesson for next time, have the car delivered directly to your detailer’s shop (as I did) and let them explore and examine it, and then make it to look as you like it.

P.S. They had to do PDI as I think it is illegal to deliver a guy without it.

2 hours ago, Revad said:

Also does anyone know, can I drive the car atm ? or will this invalidate any claim I may have?

Hasn't moved since Tue when delivered.

Provided you’ve logged all the issues with Motorfinity I expect it’s ok to drive it but to be on the safe side I’d check with them.  Several people on here (over the years) that have rejected cars for damage have driven them in the meantime.  

Motorfinity don't supply cars, they broker deals with supplying dealers and your contract is with the supplying dealer that you had to pay.

Is the supplying dealer anywhere near where you live? If possible a visit to their showroom to show them what you have received would be good.

Having said that, I'd contact Motorfinity and ask for help in resolving the issues and see what they say. If no joy then contact the supplying dealer and lodge your complaint with them.

I agree with comments above, the minimum you should expect is the cost of bringing the car up to the standard that you would expect a brand new car to be delivered.

Good luck and hope you end up with a satisfactory outcome and can put this behind you and get on with enjoying the car and the 375 miles worth of fuel it arrived with!

On 28/03/2024 at 07:49, Davey-c said:

I also had scratches on my centre console. Car was ordered through Motorfinity but I got the part replaced at my local dealer.

Out of Interest for those of us with the piano black centre trim, which may need replacing in the future, how much did it cost to replace? If you don't mind telling 

Thanks

4 hours ago, Microbe said:

Out of Interest for those of us with the piano black centre trim, which may need replacing in the future, how much did it cost to replace? If you don't mind telling 

Thanks

My local dealer ordered the part and completed the work free of charge so I never had to pay anything. The car was delivered to a port in Scotland as I live in Northern Ireland and Motorfinity don’t deliver here. The car produced an engine management light issue within a few days of having my car delivered so it was in for it to be fixed and I mentioned the scratches to them. They ordered the parts and fitted them as a good will gesture.