Golf Mk8 R 20th Anniversary?

Booth11

1 hour ago, blizzard60 said:

Beautiful! What’s the spec on your Lapiz? I see the Akra. What else you get?! Love the father/son combo, that’s so so neat!

Thank you. I optioned pan roof, DCC, Harmen Karden, reverse camera, and the Akra. I've got it booked in next week for ppf on the front end and ceramic coating. looking forward to some decent weather (hopefully) and getting to drive and enjoy it.

7 minutes ago, Parky-SPP said:

Thank you. I optioned pan roof, DCC, Harmen Karden, reverse camera, and the Akra. I've got it booked in next week for ppf on the front end and ceramic coating. looking forward to some decent weather (hopefully) and getting to drive and enjoy it.

Love it, that’s a fantastic spec!

Had my first proper road trip in the R20, a little over 1,000 miles in 4 days up the west coast of Ireland, then across the north, and then drove home. Little CS in there also 

Bloody capable car alright, but I can't wait to kill the factory Bridgestone tyres and get some proper tyres on it. They really do let it down, especially when they are cold (I came out a junction and ended up having the rear end come around on me at around a 45 degree angle at one point 😅)

FB_IMG_1712690312909.jpg

FB_IMG_1712690310383.jpg

FB_IMG_1712690307762.jpg

FB_IMG_1712690301853.jpg

FB_IMG_1712690304222.jpg

FB_IMG_1712690299485.jpg

FB_IMG_1712690297048.jpg

FB_IMG_1712690291690.jpg

FB_IMG_1712690288817.jpg

FB_IMG_1712690294566.jpg

Sounds like you had fun

Tail out can happen in a torque vectoring car

nearly every corner can be flipped with some gas

I swapped the bridged out after 1k km

got me some MPS5 and I’m extremely happy with them

Priced lower than MPS4S and easier to find for 18”
It does 95% of the what the 4S does and better in wet

11 hours ago, jgray2023 said:

Had my first proper road trip in the R20, a little over 1,000 miles in 4 days up the west coast of Ireland, then across the north, and then drove home. Little CS in there also 

Bloody capable car alright, but I can't wait to kill the factory Bridgestone tyres and get some proper tyres on it. They really do let it down, especially when they are cold (I came out a junction and ended up having the rear end come around on me at around a 45 degree angle at one point 😅)

FB_IMG_1712690312909.jpg

FB_IMG_1712690310383.jpg

FB_IMG_1712690307762.jpg

FB_IMG_1712690301853.jpg

FB_IMG_1712690304222.jpg

FB_IMG_1712690299485.jpg

FB_IMG_1712690297048.jpg

FB_IMG_1712690291690.jpg

FB_IMG_1712690288817.jpg

FB_IMG_1712690294566.jpg

Looks a great tour with a worthy companion (8GTI) and some fab scenery.  Love the beach shots of both cars, and the ‘dirty’ shots - always good to see a car driven.  

Get shot of the Flintstones and get some CSC 7s on it or MPS4S.   I just returned from a spontaneous 4 day trip to Yorkshire in mine (8R) and the Contis were brilliant throughout the 800 miles that went on, and some very wet weather.  Absolutely love the leather seats on these long trips, so comfortable even after long motorway schleps.  Plus some pretty good fuel economy.  It is such a great car.  

On 09/04/2024 at 23:57, AHG said:

Sounds like you had fun

Tail out can happen in a torque vectoring car

nearly every corner can be flipped with some gas

I swapped the bridged out after 1k km

got me some MPS5 and I’m extremely happy with them

Priced lower than MPS4S and easier to find for 18”
It does 95% of the what the 4S does and better in wet

Oh ya. Had a blast. 

Yeah, it was more the unexpectedness of it. I forgot I'd turned off ESC as I was on a B road prior. Bloody love the way the car feels compared to the 7.5, like you say, now it has proper torque vectoring, it's way more playful 

I'm at almost 5k miles now since mid Feb, honestly, I'm hoping to find somewhere to try drift mode and then just toast the Bridgestones so I can get Michelin's on 😂

The bin would be too good for the Bridgestones, they must be killed

• 2 weeks later...

Wee update on my car.  Dealer offered me a 40 quid valet😂 Having went round the houses its now upto £250 which I have just taken so I can move on.  It really has wasted the new car experience for me though and if I could sell now I would bit have to wait ayear per Motorfinity contract.  Doesn't help that after a £950 ceramic coat with 10 year warranty I seem to have picked up a cluster of like 5 stone chips on the front driver side within 300 mile.

1 hour ago, Revad said:

Wee update on my car.  Dealer offered me a 40 quid valet😂 Having went round the houses its now upto £250 which I have just taken so I can move on.  It really has wasted the new car experience for me though and if I could sell now I would bit have to wait ayear per Motorfinity contract.  Doesn't help that after a £950 ceramic coat with 10 year warranty I seem to have picked up a cluster of like 5 stone chips on the front driver side within 300 mile.

£40 😂  Well I’m glad you held out and ended up with a reasonable figure.  It’s a shame it has soured ownership for you though.  Sometimes it best to just put these things behind you and just enjoy the car.

Unfortunately whilst ceramic coating may minimise against small bits of grit etc, it will not prevent proper stone chips no matter how expensive it is or how long a warranty.  That’s why some go the PPF route if can’t tolerate stone chips.  With the way our roads are resurfaced these days and with increasingly crumbly roads, stone chips are a sad fact of driving life, but it’s never nice getting them especially a rash in a short time.