MK7 full LED tail lights dynamic coding fault

Hello,

I have a golf 7 2017 europe  halogen rear light and I switched to dynamic tail led lights. I have a problem when I put my lights on position 0 the dynamic lights doesn't work. They only activate on the position lights. i Think i have some problem on coding does anyone know how to solve this problem on which Leuchte ?

Thanks

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@MLR: Alas, there's  NO one-size-fits-all answer to your question. It depends on lots of factors and most importantly, your exercise is non-OEM  - meaning that there is no VW factory equivalent to your new tails.

If your car was delivered with incandescent tails, it would have been built with a wiring loom that had an insufficient number of wires for the new LED fittings

The way that non-OEM light-fitting manufacturers deal with this is to use a cross wiring harness . These harnesses vary with different manufacturers

So, bottom line = we need to know much more about your specific equipment and it would help if you shared the code-change instructions from the manufacturer of the new tails

Don

@dv52 Thank you for your feedback. My new tails led are OEM Ref: 5G0945207G; 5G0945208G; 5G0945307P; 5G0945308P

I added a Plug and play wiring kit for the Golf Mk7 to convert from halogen tail lights to LED tail lights.. This is my coding :

IMG-0103.pngIMG-0102.pngIMG-0101.pngIMG-0100.pngIMG-0099.png

IMG-0098.png

The only problem i have when i'am on the position 0  my dynamic  turn lights doesn't work  they work like normal. When i put it to low beam they work. I think it's a coding problem.

MLR

hmm......... no, those Leuchte-sets don't help.

For example, Leuchte17TFL R BLK SRB3TFL R BLK SR KC3 normally controls the Turn Signal, rear right inside lamp on factory fitted  LED taillights.

Your car was factory fitted with incandescent tails - so the pin on the central electrics module that is operated by this Leuchte-set doesn't have a connected wire. Hence there is no point programming this Leuchte-set

The wiring harness breaks the OEM factory assignment of Leuchte-sets to lamps. So each different harness manufacturer forces a different assignment.  I've never seen a "Plug-and-Play" wiring harness - although every manufacturer says theirs is P&P!

Look through your tail light Leuchte-sets and post-up any that have Blinken links/rechts Hellphase Leuchte-command (and i need to see ALL 19 x channels for each Leuchte-set)

Maybe put all the data in one file and attach to a post - do you have a copy of the coding instructions from the manufacturer too)

Don

I tried  with this configuration unfortunately does't  work. I also noticed when my car is OFF and  when I turn on the right or left turn signal the position lights turn on example if i turn on the right turn signal then the right position light go ON.

If you have any idea to help me with this problem.

Many thanks

@MLR: yes, that particular light-function was programmed into Leuchte23SL HLC10 and Leuchte24SL HRA65 with your new coding. It's called "Single Side Parking Light" (SSPL) - look in your owner's manual. SSPL is meant as a safety feature that indicates the car's position on one side in dark evenings when the ignition is off and the car is locked (just one LED illuminates- so minimal battery drain)

Not sure what's happening with your turn signals - are there any error codes? Did the wiring instructions say that the dynamic turn signals require a separate voltage supply ?

Don

Thank you Don,  i don't have any errors on my OBD and the dynamic turn signals work only the the position lights for the  position 0 they work normal led turn signals. I don't know why i followed all step on the manual of coding. i changed everything you said without result unfortunately 

yes, all very mysterious indeed - as I said, these type of installations are very non-OEM meaning that each manufacturer uses a different circuit for their products.

If you are certain that the harness is compatible with the new tails AND that the wiring is EXACTLY as per the manufacturer's specs - then my only remaining suggestion is to grab a multi-meter and check voltages on the turn signal pins.

Again with the caveat that this is a third-party product, the arrangement for some manufacturers is that the dynamic turn-signal function needs 2 x separate supplies; a signal ON/OFF pulse to make the lamp blink and a separate +12volt supply to energize the LED chaser circuit inside the fitting. These tail lights need a separate Leuchte-set for each function, or they need a separate wire to be connected to a +12volt supply

The alternative  arrangement for other tail-light manufacturers is to use the ON/OFF signal for both purposes.

I have confirmed that the Leuchte-sets for the ON/OFF signal on your car is correctly programmed. But I have no idea how the internal LED chaser circuits are energized on your tails.

Don