• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A place for petrol price comparisons, from different parts of the UK and other countries hopefully too. Why not?   This was a couple of days ago in Stevenage. Thought I would get change from

There is an app called 'petrol-prices' which is pretty good for comparing local petrol stations as there seems to be quite a difference depending where you fill up!

Posted Images

Cheers. I tried that app and while I was near one of the cheaper places listed I decided to pop in. It said £1.87 for 97RON but when I got there it was £1.99.9p. 

It’s getting a bit silly now isn’t it. 

Meanwhile… https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-06-09/uk-sends-billions-of-liters-of-petrol-to-us-where-it-s-cheaper

6 hours ago, sibbers said:

Cheers. I tried that app and while I was near one of the cheaper places listed I decided to pop in. It said £1.87 for 97RON but when I got there it was £1.99.9p. 

It’s getting a bit silly now isn’t it. 

Meanwhile… https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-06-09/uk-sends-billions-of-liters-of-petrol-to-us-where-it-s-cheaper

I've found the petrol price app pretty crap for Super, a lot of times it's reported as the same price as regular or not at all. I only use it occasionally when away as I know the cheaper places near me, but whenever I have I've been disappointed in it.

Oof OP, That's rough.

V-Power is £201.9 near me so thanks for reminding me I need to fill up!

The old girl will be on supermarket fuel come autumn 😔

When I filled up 2 Fridays ago its was £1.839 & then when I filled up last Friday it had gone to £1.939, that's 10p in a week !

Tesco Momentum 99 - Nottingham

I've got a shell garage near home but I daren't look at their V-Power now, it was a bout 15p more than Tesco before.

I use Petrolprices.com as a guide, its only as good as the info users put in, checking the local Tesco I use its say £1.989 & was updated 2hrs ago.

25 minutes ago, Jace said:

When I filled up 2 Fridays ago its was £1.839 & then when I filled up last Friday it had gone to £1.939, that's 10p in a week !

I've got a shell garage near home but I daren't look at their V-Power now, it was a bout 15p more than Tesco before.

I use Petrolprices.com as a guide, its only as good as the info users put in, checking the local Tesco I use its say £1.989 & was updated 2hrs ago.

Oz prices are also on the upward march.

I filled up my Octavia on Sunday at $2.189 per litre.  Yesterday (4 days later) I filled up my Golf (also 98 at the same BP place) and was charged $2.449  Today it is $2.469  And our reserve bank is trying to tell us inflation isn't really that bad !

I the petrol prices app will probably become more popular as this keeps going, so maybe it'll improve.

It is a bit mad, especially when you think how much petrol costs in the richest countries. Go check out how much Venezuelans are asked to pay for their juice. 

EDIT: Added a link. Don't forget to set prices to your local currency for extra lols.

https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/gasoline_prices/

2 hours ago, Jace said:

The local Tesco near me suddenly added 7p a litre to prices on monday pushing Momentum to £1.999 and it has stayed that way,they are currently 6p a litre more expensive for basic fuels than the other Supermarkets nearby and even a penny more than the local BP robbers.

If I drive 4 miles further to another Tesco the fuel is still at the old price of £1.929 for momentum as of last night.

As for Shell they are commonly around 5 to 6p a litre more expensive than the competition for standard fuels with 14p on top of that for V power meaning around 20p a litre so I never entertain them.

Looked back at receipts and 06/06 momentum £1.879 and 21/06 £1.999 which is taking the complete piss due to the extra 7p added on monday  for no reason(2 cars running on the stuff is not ideal)