• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A place for petrol price comparisons, from different parts of the UK and other countries hopefully too. Why not?   This was a couple of days ago in Stevenage. Thought I would get change from

There is an app called 'petrol-prices' which is pretty good for comparing local petrol stations as there seems to be quite a difference depending where you fill up!

Posted Images

Meanwhile in Germany where the government has lowered fuel duty as far as the can (due to eu agreements) below is me filling up with 102 Ron in Karlsruhe. 

DSC_0307.thumb.JPG.e8802c1918671eff56a299e3b46fd032.JPG

Works out around 1.795 a litre, when I filled up said I have 525 miles to a tank (who needs diesel 😂) , and that was with a bit of autobahn 90 to 100mph. Did hit 140 briefly. 

Car had half momentum half esso supreme, the supreme I have found does give more mpg than momentum. 

7 hours ago, gazza5 said:

Meanwhile in Germany where the government has lowered fuel duty as far as the can (due to eu agreements) below is me filling up with 102 Ron in Karlsruhe. 

Works out around 1.795 a litre, when I filled up said I have 525 miles to a tank (who needs diesel 😂) , and that was with a bit of autobahn 90 to 100mph. Did hit 140 briefly. 

Car had half momentum half esso supreme, the supreme I have found does give more mpg than momentum. 

It was €2.50 for regular shell 95 ron when I visited Frankfurt back in March, so its good to see them supporting the people, unlike our lot who are just about their own pockets 

Esso near me is 10p a ltr more than Tesco otherwise I'd give that a go 

On 29/06/2022 at 18:33, Deano said:

You should get 45p per mile for first 10k miles and 25p per mike thereafter.

If the company isn’t paying you the OP the full 45p the delta can be claimed back on your tax return

On 24/06/2022 at 21:41, Stobsie said:

Filled up yesterday and since refuelling last Monday  Momentum has gone up 14p a litre. Reserve light came on and now £99 doesn’t fill it up completely truly shocking times.  

A52FEDE0-B42D-4AD7-B3F5-E0A56BF2BE64.jpeg

I paid that today... not nice, can't wait to drive 8 hours through France in August. Eeeeeek, hey ho. I'll be holiday so I won't matter. 

10 hours ago, gazza5 said:

That reminds me....   When I had a more sensible diesel (E60 520d M Sport) about 10 years ago, it took us from Dover (I had a company funded fuel card so brimmed it at the docks!) to Milan on one tank and we weren't hanging around plus we went over pass between Lucerne and Milan rather than just straight down the motorway.  That was just over 700 miles and I still had some range left, if I'd stuck to the motorway and 80mph, I'm confident 800 miles was possible on a (70 litre iirc) tank.