Starting to get a bad whiff of a damp like smell when I initially switch my car on. I know it’s coming from the AC as when I switch it off the smell comes back. This only happens for the first 20-30 seconds and smells fine after 

Had the pollen filter changed around a year ago, and tried a AC bomb a few months back but the smell has returned

Worth trying a bomb again or would a gas recharge help ? 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Change the pollen filter again. Bosch do one with an anti bac coating which I've just installed in my Octavia and it's helped.    If you have ac on it will build up condensation. If the car

I just changed my filter. Can't remember when I did it last time. But I to had bad smell coming first 10-20 seconds at start up.  What surprised was how heavy the old filter was due to all the di

Nice one. Thanks for the replies. I’ll do the pollen filter again and try out the essential oils trick.   I did the full heat windows down, and that did help a tad. I might try do a couple m

Change the pollen filter again. Bosch do one with an anti bac coating which I've just installed in my Octavia and it's helped. 

If you have ac on it will build up condensation. If the car then sits for a period you then get that musty smell when switched back on if the moisture hasn't been able to evaporate. 

Best to give the system a run with it on Hi temp and Windows open to dry it out. Worse in humid weather as you get a bigger build up of moisture in the pipes etc.

You could also squirt some essential oils on the filter too if you'd prefer a scent.  

I just changed my filter. Can't remember when I did it last time. But I to had bad smell coming first 10-20 seconds at start up. 

What surprised was how heavy the old filter was due to all the dirt it collects... 😊 

Can report back that the smell is away from the car and now I also feel the AC is working much better in terms of lower fan speeds 👍😁