034 Camber Top Mounts. Any feedback please.

10 hours ago, Msportman said:

Anyone running 034 Motorsport Top Mounts.

Just want some feedback re tyre wear, NVH increases or clunks over the stock mounts.
Im thinking of possibly swapping out my OE mounts for some  extra camber.

cant help right now, but i have just ordered a set. Not arrived yet, but looking forward to getting them fitted.

22 hours ago, Msportman said:

Anyone running 034 Motorsport Top Mounts.

Just want some feedback re tyre wear, NVH increases or clunks over the stock mounts.
Im thinking of possibly swapping out my OE mounts for some  extra camber.

Yes in my experience you will get noticable NVH from top mounts (I have SuperPro); those and the engine mounts are the items that have most changed the refinement. 

Initially I noticed a lot of clunking, but after a period of 500 miles or so that went away and what was left was simply more of a harshness over surface imperfections: significant ridges in the road or small pot holes have quite a thump! However, I remember my old M4 Comp being worse over some roads, so it's all relative.

My wife was still happy to drive it regularly after I fitted them, if that is any indication?

1 hour ago, Millsn said:

fyi 034 do some lower balljoints to add camber. there'll be no new nvh. the amount of extra camber is pretty high for road use though

Will look into those.

I do have the Superpro Caster / Camber bush set which gives additional caster and a small increase in Camber.

I’m waiting call back from Suspension  Secrets which way to go to help reduce understeer for next track outings.

I know what works on FWD cars but the R can suffer when tyres quickly go off.

Having said that it’s pretty difficult to get understeer on public roads unless you’re brutal with steering angle and throttle or you have poor tyres.

I have the superpro camber mounts with v3's and the superpro alloy control arms. It rides fine, slight increase in noise but not so much volume more tone and pitch if that makes sense. It certainly was a lot less noticeable than the engine mounts, I had to take the transmission one back off for those as it was just too much for me having all 3 done. 

As for roll bar I've got front and rear h&r with racingline links. Not noticed any understeer in particular but I do run the front struts slightly softer than the rears.

I like the balance with it all done and the better turn in from the camber is well worth the slight reduction in refinement. It certainly is still absolute fine to daily :)

Think Ill put the LCA’s on and consider the Superpro rear bush set.

Im at a point of do I keep going or go for a low mileage replacement car as miles are creeping up. It is more expensive to upstage my current car and just buy a newer stock vehicle.

Been looking at BMW M4 CS as a possible replacement or Cayman S /T.

Trouble is both of those cars are much more expensive to maintain and run but on the upside it’s going to be a weekend toy.

5 hours ago, Msportman said:

Think Ill put the LCA’s on and consider the Superpro rear bush set.

Im at a point of do I keep going or go for a low mileage replacement car as miles are creeping up. It is more expensive to upstage my current car and just buy a newer stock vehicle.

Been looking at BMW M4 CS as a possible replacement or Cayman S /T.

Trouble is both of those cars are much more expensive to maintain and run but on the upside it’s going to be a weekend toy.

Just what do you go for that is a viable alternative to a 2018 7.5R that doesn't cost SIGNIFICANTLY more. I need an estate so a decent mileage 2nd hand rs4/c63s is 50k, going new on one of those is pushing 80k. I enquired about a mk8 R wagon and they want pretty much 50k... I couldn't think of anything else I would want so just dumped some more money in to the golf and decided to wait for the depreciation to hit on the g81 m3 (I have the estate r because of kids and dogs) in 4 years time. If the R blows up in the meantime at least I had fun with it right 🤔

2 hours ago, DaveDeller said:

Just what do you go for that is a viable alternative to a 2018 7.5R that doesn't cost SIGNIFICANTLY more. I need an estate so a decent mileage 2nd hand rs4/c63s is 50k, going new on one of those is pushing 80k. I enquired about a mk8 R wagon and they want pretty much 50k... I couldn't think of anything else I would want so just dumped some more money in to the golf and decided to wait for the depreciation to hit on the g81 m3 (I have the estate r because of kids and dogs) in 4 years time. If the R blows up in the meantime at least I had fun with it right 🤔

Good point.

Yeap I’ll probably do as you’ve done and stick with my 7R which now is pretty well sorted after my last mods being Ohlins.

G80 M3 will be a great used car when they do drop in price a good few years … trouble  is where will petrol prices be nearing 2030?? Who knows but think I should stop getting hung up on miles being put up on my car just enjoy it with its mods and just take the financial hit when it’s time to sell. 
As you say everything desirable right now for me is over £50k….,I can’t justify it and my wife has other priorities 🙄