Milltek exhaust system fitted to our MK8 Golf R

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 13/07/2022 at 10:23, Ash-Regal-Autosport said:

I've been enjoying this for a few weeks now both visually and audibly... and we've just posted our video on it! 

Not much interest or response on here these days. Is it the recession or the fact there’s very few MK8’s on the road I wonder?

The MK8R tuning has very little going on) unlike when the MK7 was around. Everything has got ridiculously expensive especially in the world of tuning

1 hour ago, Msportman said:

Not much interest or response on here these days. Is it the recession or the fact there’s very few MK8’s on the road I wonder?

The MK8R tuning has very little going on) unlike when the MK7 was around. Everything has got ridiculously expensive especially in the world of tuning

Obviously there are a lot less MK8’s compared to the 7 for various reasons and tuning options have taken a while to be released due to the current situation with parts etc. But there is plenty of tuning going on, just more on social media as apposed to forum’s unfortunately. 

• 1 year later...

I think people are also realizing that swapping exhausts has become mostly for aesthetic reasons with the mk8 Golf R.  The Stock exhaust sounds really good.  Prior to buying my Good R a few months ago I had a Milltek at the top of my mod list.  However after driving the car for a few months…the Milltek has dropped down the list.   I also thought I wouldn’t like the tips…but in person they look good IMO(I have a Black DSG in the USA…so it’s LOADED with all the options as well)

Im sure the Milltek would probably sound “better”(subjective of course), but $2-$2800 better?

I also take video’s made by shops w/a big grain of salt.  They’re in the business of installing these bolt-ons so they’re biased IMO.  In the Regal Autosport video RE- mk8 Milltek install the dude mentions HP gains(as does the Milltek website)but if you’ve also watched the  “Humble Mechanic’s” video where he actually Dyno’s his mk8 before and after Milltek install(resonated & non)…the gains are ZERO.  In fact the very first dyno run is like 1pt less than stock 😄

On 02/04/2024 at 04:43, Benzo said:

I think people are also realizing that swapping exhausts has become mostly for aesthetic reasons with the mk8 Golf R.  The Stock exhaust sounds really good.  Prior to buying my Good R a few months ago I had a Milltek at the top of my mod list.  However after driving the car for a few months…the Milltek has dropped down the list.   I also thought I wouldn’t like the tips…but in person they look good IMO(I have a Black DSG in the USA…so it’s LOADED with all the options as well)

Im sure the Milltek would probably sound “better”(subjective of course), but $2-$2800 better?

I also take video’s made by shops w/a big grain of salt.  They’re in the business of installing these bolt-ons so they’re biased IMO.  In the Regal Autosport video RE- mk8 Milltek install the dude mentions HP gains(as does the Milltek website)but if you’ve also watched the  “Humble Mechanic’s” video where he actually Dyno’s his mk8 before and after Milltek install(resonated & non)…the gains are ZERO.  In fact the very first dyno run is like 1pt less than stock 😄

Very good points. The stock MK7 system flows really well up to 500bhp.

Yes prices have jumped enormously...I know my full APR system has for sure and apart from noise and aesthetics I don't think there's been much gains on BHP and Ilbs although I never measured before and after when we fitted the system. The quality of exhaust is very high though and up there with Akra hence the high price.

f I I had a MK8 R I'd save the money on the exhaust and just do a stage 1 or 2 max and upgrade brake pads and fluid tbh. A well sorted stage 2 is 450bhp...who needs more for £v oomph?