• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They will, but it won't be in the form we know now.   It'll be something more like hydrogen fuel cell technology. Where you fill your tank with liquid hydrogen just like you do petrol, and t

I got quoted £56k for one to replace the wife’s Q5 🤔 I wouldn’t want to pay cash for one as it’s just a car. I’d have one on a monthly but again I wouldn’t want to pay £650-£700 a month!  

Sitting on my drive

Posted Images

It’s more the present than the future.   Not criticising the car (and I’ll stay away from the styling!) but it’s not a ground up dedicated EV platform so is more of a bridge to the future maybe.

There are a couple of people I work with who have one (company cars) and they do like them.

On 16/07/2022 at 19:59, Martin2 said:

It’s more the present than the future.   Not criticising the car (and I’ll stay away from the styling!) but it’s not a ground up dedicated EV platform so is more of a bridge to the future maybe.

There are a couple of people I work with who have one (company cars) and they do like them.

I got quoted £56k for one to replace the wife’s Q5 🤔

I wouldn’t want to pay cash for one as it’s just a car. I’d have one on a monthly but again I wouldn’t want to pay £650-£700 a month!

Not bad for a company car though! Unfortunately  worked in the public sector and there’s no carrots there !  I can see why cops and nurses are leaving the profession as they can’t keep hold of anyone….I digress 🙄

I4 nice drive just a tad expensive right now . Rather have a M340 😀

Been looking at one of these as a potential on our salary sacrifice ULEV scheme at work, with a couple of extras works out at £553 per month over 48 months but that includes everything including insurance.

18 hours ago, simonj67 said:

Been looking at one of these as a potential on our salary sacrifice ULEV scheme at work, with a couple of extras works out at £553 per month over 48 months but that includes everything including insurance.

That’s not too bad ….my wife works for the local council and can lease a car thru a similar scheme.

I know her friend has just got a BMW I3 for £201 per month 12k per year with insurance included.

Seemed pretty cheap.

My wife’s employer has a similar scheme and it doesn’t effect her car allowance, so would be cheaper overall than taking a company car.  The lease costs look very high, but saving 40% and only paying a tiny amount in BIK means it’s much cheaper than buying / leasing yourself.  But there isn’t an electric car I want, even as a second car.  A Taycan Sport Turismo maybe, but the lead time is 2 years and the range / charging frustrations will still be the same. 

fantastic looking car from my perspective!

I saw a link to one on this forum earlier in the year and that's when I decided I NEEDED one! I'd fancied a BMW for a couple of years, initially a Series 5 estate but prices have rocketed over the last 12-18 months and I didn't want to spend out big money for an ICE car.

Took an M50 out for a drive and absolutely loved it. I like the fact that it doesn't shout 'LOOK, EVERYBODY, I'm an EV' and it keeps the traditional BMW looks.

I tested a and EV6 and the Cupra Born but they didn't grab me the same way.

Anyway, I spoke to the dealer this week and mine is due in the next couple of weeks. Very excited, but unfortunately the R has to go.

8 hours ago, aldfort said:

I remain unconvinced EV's have any future. 

They will, but it won't be in the form we know now.

It'll be something more like hydrogen fuel cell technology. Where you fill your tank with liquid hydrogen just like you do petrol, and then that's used to generate the electricity to power the motors. It solves two of the major issues in batteries and their weight/resources required, as well as charging time. There are other drawbacks of course and I'm not saying that specifically will be the answer, but it's a good demo of what could happen.

I do think electric motors are going to be the end solution, I just suspect it will be in a different form than we currently use now.