[PSA] DQ381 TSB (CID: 34K1)

Hello Ladies & Gents. 

Just a heads up as i received it from one my club memebers

He got a call from the local dealer informing him about a software update for his 7.5 R. 

I have checked the online tool and retured the below result.

I asked him to get the details of the TSB onc he visits the service center. 

Will keep this post updated

Screenshot_20220719-055638_Edge.jpg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello Ladies & Gents.    Just a heads up as i received it from one my club memebers   He got a call from the local dealer informing him about a software update for his 7.5 R. 

Thanks for posting.  Be great if you can get details.     There’s also some chaat about the DSG recall in this thread also.    

The link provided is for VW Bahrain so doubt it works for UK cars

Posted Images

3 hours ago, WHY.A.H.WHY.A said:

Hello Ladies & Gents. 

Just a heads up as i received it from one my club memebers

He got a call from the local dealer informing him about a software update for his 7.5 R. 

I have checked the online tool and retured the below result.

I asked him to get the details of the TSB onc he visits the service center. 

Will keep this post updated

Screenshot_20220719-055638_Edge.jpg

Thanks for posting.  Be great if you can get details.  

There’s also some chaat about the DSG recall in this thread also.  

This might be a USA orientated site. If you go to https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/need-help/need-help-faqs/recall.html  all you get is 'consult your dealer, or the DVLA. AFAIK there's no UK VW site where you can enter a VIN but it would be good if someone knows of a UK recall site.

I've got a '19 7.5 DSG with the DQ381 and enquired with my local dealer and they've not heard anything about this. I'm guessing they're just being a bit slow.

For those that haven't followed the various links:
- The issue seems to be with an oil pump shaft within the 'start/stop' system that can break without warning and destroy the transmission.
- The software update is to add diagnostic checks on the status of the pump and flag an issue before it causes anything terminal.

2 hours ago, bneh said:

I've got a '19 7.5 DSG with the DQ381 and enquired with my local dealer and they've not heard anything about this. I'm guessing they're just being a bit slow.

For those that haven't followed the various links:
- The issue seems to be with an oil pump shaft within the 'start/stop' system that can break without warning and destroy the transmission.
- The software update is to add diagnostic checks on the status of the pump and flag an issue before it causes a terminal issue.

I also enquired today and have been booked in for the software update. They said they'd need the car all day which I found odd! I queried the reason for the recall and it matches what you have put above essentially.

The only extra information he added was a "limited run" of the 7 speed gearbox. I've checked a friends R VIN (19 plate) and his did not show as part of the recall. I wonder if this only affects early 17/18 plate 7.5 Rs?

For those will in the warranty period / extended warranty I suggest you get booked in as soon possible.

Edited by FishingVWR
1 minute ago, FishingVWR said:

Does anyone know if updating the DSG Control Unit will also perform a "DSG Reset"? If not, do you think if I ask VW to perform once they will whilst it's in?

Just checking is yours a 17/18 plate ???