ngk racing plugs

been advised by multiple tuners now to use ngk racing plugs for stage 2 and to not to use rs7 plugs as they cause issues, ive just ordered a set and they were pretty expensive at £145 a set, 

anyone else using these and if so what are your reviews of them, 

I was advised the same for any tuned engine, stage 1 or 2. I fitted them a few weeks ago. No problems at all. Just came back from the Ring and Spa and the car performed perfectly. I paid about the same as you. Tbh, if all they do is end up lasting longer than the factory ones i'll be happy but I think they are generally better than the OEM ones. I expect with stage 3 you might need the 2 step colder variant.

In addition to the plugs, my next objective is to sort some additional cooling and prep for stage 2, i.e Intercooler, Oil Cooler, downpipe etc.

I’ve just been to the Ring in my stage 2 R getting the last out of my NGK Race plugs which have now covered approx 14k and are usually changed 10-12k!!

They still look good but I don’t want to take the risk of a tips breaking in other cars  as they did with Denso plugs. 

I ran RS7 plugs before with zero issues although was advised by my tuner Retro Resus that  (APR) advise NGK race plugs. I already run APR coil packs and together they are super responsive and lively!

I have the APR FMIC and run Millers Nano oil but see temps around 99 on road and on a hot track session 125-130! I change oil every 5-6k  but if I were tracking the car heavily each year I’d also fit a CSF or APR oil cooler both engine and DSG. As I don’t I’m not bothering as it runs faultlessly and has done so since new when I first went APR HO Stage 1 with TCU map.

Where did you get plugs for £145 as most including Awesome and TPS are around £168-£170??

i wouldnt track the car without an oil cooler,  spirited driving even on a hot day mine doesnt go abouve 106, normally around 102 

only 10 days left until my downpipe and intercooler gets fitted hoping for a noticeable bump in performance, will probably switch to millers nano drive when tuned.

On 21/07/2022 at 23:32, meandmyself777 said:

i wouldnt track the car without an oil cooler,  spirited driving even on a hot day mine doesnt go abouve 106, normally around 102 

only 10 days left until my downpipe and intercooler gets fitted hoping for a noticeable bump in performance, will probably switch to millers nano drive when tuned.

I run my car on Milkers together with a Racingline Catch Can which is essential for track work. 
Been fine I owned the car from new.

As mentioned oil cooler isn’t vital unless you’re tracking the car heavily especially if using it all day on a track event. It’s a nice add on though.