performance pack as standard??

2 hours ago, chillly said:

Any reason given? 

On the continent they have added R Performance (with 333ps engine) as a separate model alongside the standard non PP R and the Anniversary R20.  The assumption and expectation may be that they will do the same in the UK and perhaps that’s why the PP is currently unavailable, but nobody knows for sure including UK dealers it seems. 

31 minutes ago, Booth11 said:

On the continent they have added R Performance (with 333ps engine) as a separate model alongside the standard non PP R and the Anniversary R20.  The assumption and expectation may be that they will do the same in the UK and perhaps that’s why the PP is currently unavailable, but nobody knows for sure including UK dealers it seems. 

Yes my dealer has no info at all except it’s not available due to the R20 launch. Unfortunately for all concerned it’s a poor show from vw as to the lack of info imo. 

I think VW has done an extremely poor job on communication on order information and what is/isn’t available. The Germans have had the R performance model on there configurator now for over a month. VW uk are lucky most car manufactures are still not up to speed with production. Knowing in Oct ‘21 it was going to take approx 18 months and the poor flow of information from VW and the dealer I doubt if the order would have been placed. 

4 hours ago, Simon75 said:

I think VW has done an extremely poor job on communication on order information and what is/isn’t available. The Germans have had the R performance model on there configurator now for over a month. VW uk are lucky most car manufactures are still not up to speed with production. 

I wholeheartedly agree. 

IMHO VW have never been good at communication, whether it’s internally (VW to dealerships) or externally with customers. It’s a sad state of affairs when forum members often seem to be in possession of more accurate, up to date information than the dealerships. 

Historically, they’ve also been pretty poor with their marketing and promotional material. Before the production of pricing and spec brochures stopped, it was pretty much the norm for there to be inaccuracies and inconsistencies between brochure content and configurator.

7 hours ago, R_wannabe_owner said:

it was pretty much the norm for there to be inaccuracies and inconsistencies between brochure content and configurator

This could be the reason why we are seeing download updates for the in-car electronic manual every other day at the moment! 🤣

28 minutes ago, dopper99 said:

This could be the reason why we are seeing download updates for the in-car electronic manual every other day at the moment! 🤣

Haha, yes you might think they’ve pretty much rewritten the user manual in the last couple weeks.  😂

• 3 months later...

I ordered a Golf R in June 2022 with the performance pack option, plus sunroof, winterpack, rear view camera and DCC. I'm trying to find out if they are going to honour the options chosen or not. Anyone else heard what they are doing with previous ordrrs that include the PP?

On 20/11/2022 at 16:39, Krill said:

I ordered a Golf R in June 2022 with the performance pack option, plus sunroof, winterpack, rear view camera and DCC. I'm trying to find out if they are going to honour the options chosen or not. Anyone else heard what they are doing with previous ordrrs that include the PP?

You will get if you ordered it.

you just can’t add it to new UK orders at present time, same as Harmon Kardon sound pack.