53k miles to much for a golf 7.5 r

1 hour ago, ryanridge18 said:

Car is 2018. Don’t think it was trashed about. Was owned by a older couple who traded it in for a bigger car. Services all look good. Think I’m going to go ahead with it. Looks in top shape. The dealership is also offering a one year warranty which can’t hurt 

I get the impression that it’s DSG transmission cars that are repeatedly launched an wragged that suffer the most and worst failures. 🤞Little sympathy and a paucity of regular servicing and maintenance doesn’t help.

Suppose With a Manual the Clutch can go first! And Manual Preferrers have usually got the standing start dramatics out of their system by the time they are old enough/have enough funds for an R.   Really hope it all pans out well for you.😀

ps.  A 2018 car  isn’t long before they dropped the manual option.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As long as it has been well looked after I don’t see a problem with higher mileage.    I bought mine with fairly high mileage and it has been absolutely fine! If anything it made it more of a b

I plan on getting a new clutch for it anyway. I have pretty much accepted this. I will enjoy it and if it goes it goes. Thank you so much for the help everyone. I am picking it up next week! 

4 hours ago, ryanridge18 said:

Car is 2018. Don’t think it was trashed about. Was owned by a older couple who traded it in for a bigger car. Services all look good. Think I’m going to go ahead with it. Looks in top shape. The dealership is also offering a one year warranty which can’t hurt 

Probably a great car but do take in to account it will probably need a clutch in the next 12 months but apart from that if you are happy with the deal then go for it.

3 hours ago, MJC1216 said:

Probably a great car but do take in to account it will probably need a clutch in the next 12 months but apart from that if you are happy with the deal then go for it.

I plan on getting a new clutch for it anyway. I have pretty much accepted this. I will enjoy it and if it goes it goes. Thank you so much for the help everyone. I am picking it up next week!