VWROC Club Stand Invite Halloween Action Day Castle Combe 29/10/22

Hi all

I have organised a hard stand for the event below.

For discounted rate book in the Clubzone area  under VWROC.
The club entry code is :

VWROCHALLOWEEN22

and complete your discounted booking.

You can book track sessions with individual time slots 

Ian

https://castlecombecircuit.co.uk/shows/halloween-action-day

• Msportman changed the title to VWROC Club Stand Invite Halloween Action Day Castle Combe 29/10/22

Hi @Msportman Hope you are well. 

Not sure if I’m entitled to show my face on a VWROC stand as I don’t even have a letter ‘R’ in my car name these days. Not to mention only having 2 wheel drive (sorry I know it’s sacrilege). 

hopefully a few people will pop their name down and you’ll get a few along 

1 hour ago, AndyR said:

Hi @Msportman Hope you are well. 

Not sure if I’m entitled to show my face on a VWROC stand as I don’t even have a letter ‘R’ in my car name these days. Not to mention only having 2 wheel drive (sorry I know it’s sacrilege). 

hopefully a few people will pop their name down and you’ll get a few along 

No problem Andy. Just pop along .

Hope to get a few laps in 😉

@Damian Mac Donagh I’m afraid so 

Half the power and half the price…it’s back to front wheel drive in Polo GTI now. 

Bank balance much improved. But only 2WD, I’m glad when I make it hope after a journey with so little traction. 

I’ll find a space with the general public 😪

In fairness the RS3 was always reaching for the stars and I wanted to own one. I would still have it, if Volkswagen could actually give accurate production info. I was told it would be 12months and turned up after 5months. (Much easier to fit in my garage though)

On 10/09/2022 at 12:14, Damian Mac Donagh said:

Guess that’s the one time you’d hope the delivery period was right and was longer than it ended up taking. 😁

Regards

Damian Mac Donagh

Yes, seems quick ironic that Polos are ahead of target and the poor Golf people are waiting exorbitant delivery times. 

anyway, just regrouping and saving some money for next few years. 

to keep it on topic do you think you’ll be down for the day?

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/09/2022 at 20:48, Kevstar69 said:

Might be up for this both my lads have also got golfs one r and one with a gti have you got many names down for the Stand. Never been castle Combe any good ??

Everyone attending myself including will hopefully post on here. 

Its normally.a busy day and I usually get a few laps in.  Plenty of Clubs in attendance.

On 09/09/2022 at 22:57, AndyR said:

@Damian Mac Donagh I’m afraid so 

Half the power and half the price…it’s back to front wheel drive in Polo GTI now. 

Bank balance much improved. But only 2WD, I’m glad when I make it hope after a journey with so little traction. 

I’ll find a space with the general public 😪

In fairness the RS3 was always reaching for the stars and I wanted to own one. I would still have it, if Volkswagen could actually give accurate production info. I was told it would be 12months and turned up after 5months. (Much easier to fit in my garage though)

Everytime I look at new RS3’s as a possible replacement I just can’t stomach financing a £60/£70k car. Maybe if they were £40-£50k used it is doable selling mine but now the 8R has some decent remapping soon available I may lock at this in the future but Im still enjoying the 7R.

Nothing wrong with the rare Polo GTI Andy!

Pcs?!

Everytime I look at new RS3’s as a possible replacement I just can’t stomach financing a £60/£70k car. Maybe if they were £40-£50k used it is doable selling mine but now the 8R has some decent remapping soon available I may lock at this in the future but Im still enjoying the 7R.

Nothing wrong with the rare Polo GTI Andy!

Pcs?!

It’s not worth 60k let alone 70……in my opinion.
Anyone that pays over the odds by 10k needs their brain massaging, I think people that have bought one over the odds will be in for some financial pain come sale time.
Especially with the way the world currently is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk