Stage 1

Hey guys, wanting a little advice - I want to make my golf r 2016 mark 7 faster but without breaking the bank. 50+ k onnit and I will fully own it in a couple of months. 

I’ve opened the exhaust flaps with OBD11 to make it louder but wondered what else I can do that’s not to expensive but worth it? 

Any suggestions?

Hey guys, wanting a little advice - I want to make my golf r 2016 mark 7 faster but without breaking the bank. 50+ k onnit and I will fully own it in a couple of months. 

I’ve opened the exhaust flaps with OBD11 to make it louder but wondered what else I can do that’s not to expensive but worth it? 

Any suggestions?

Where are you based??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi  

Thank you for your email about your Vw Golf R 2.0T

A Stage 1 remap will add 50 bhp to 55 bhp making it 355 bhp plus 80 nm torque. The price is £180.

A Stage 1 PLUS remap will add 65 bhp to 70 bhp making it 370 bhp plus 100 nm torque. The price is £220.

A Stage 2 remap will add 85 bhp to 100 bhp making it 390 bhp plus 126 nm torque. The price is £250.

The stage 2 remap requires a downpipe. Please note we do not supply these.

We also offer economy remapping for diesel cars if you are not after a performance tune.

The increases will not harm your engine and there are no added modifications required for any of the remaps.

THE REMAP WILL TAKE AN AVERAGE OF 1HR 15 MINS.

BENEFITS OF REMAPPING YOUR CAR INCLUDES:

·         Increased power & torque

·         Sharper throttle

·         Top speed removal

·         Improved towing ability

·         Improves fuel Efficiency

·         Reduced turbo lag

·         Reversible and undetectable

·         Not harmful to your engine

PLEASE NOTE WE ARE NOT A MOBILE REMAPPING COMPANY.

We do not use generic files on your car which is a copy of another car’s file. We tune each car individually and are happy to show this to you.

We will require a £50 non refundable deposit to secure your slot as we are extremely busy.. This amount is deducted from the total remap price. This can be done by bank transfer or by Paypal.

YOU CAN BOOK YOUR CAR BY REPLYING BACK TO THIS EMAIL

From my research,

Stage 1 is all power and torque 

stage 2 I need a downpipe exhaust 

also if costs me more to have pops and bangs.

if I’m intending to go to stage 2 I might aswell save for it as waste of money doing just stage 1 to get it remapped again?

Go to somebody with a proper garage, not some back street "mapper".

& for stage two you need more than just a down pipe to do it correctly.

Awesome GTI - APR, great software & a reputable USA tuner

Or REVO, either at their own performance center or one of the many tuning places that can supply their software.

& REVO also have a sale on of up to 25%

Awaiting the "Help - Blown Up" thread in a few months time.

Joking aside, as everyone else has advised go to one of the well known tuners that have mapped 1000's of these cars. You are conveniently located in a good part of the country to do so. You will save money in the long run by getting a tried, tested and verified product by countless members on here.

I’m a standard, warranty loving R OG.  
(Tho it is a struggle to resist an ECU tune for engine and gearbox.)

Best to just accept Your Warranty will go. VW and warranty providers are not charities. 
Remember, in all the activity and excitement, to upgrade your Insurance cover inline with your modifications. May not cost too much ££.

Better to Inform & Upgtade than find you have zero cover after a big accident. 
Interested to hear where you end up.

Go canny man 🙏