Ps4s tyres

On 24/01/2023 at 02:52, meandmyself777 said:

Just put a set of Michelin ps4s on my 7.5 with 19 prets, 

Can't believe the difference it has made, car has so much more grip a steering is so much sharper.. big thumbs up..

The tyres that came off were roadx very cheap tyres, ... Can't wait for summer 

I guess after having ditch finder type tyres on these will feel even more amazing than if you'd gone from Goodyears .

I'm looking to get them as the rubber on my new Revo RFO Wheels, Black Circles have them for £630 for 4pc  235/35 R19 , not fitted as that'll be done down at Revo 

4 minutes ago, Jace said:

I guess after having ditch finder type tyres on these will feel even more amazing than if you'd gone from Goodyears .

I'm looking to get them as the rubber on my new Revo RFO Wheels, Black Circles have them for £630 for 4pc  235/35 R19 , not fitted as that'll be done down at Revo 

That's funny I just checked black circles and they were £178 each plus £15 p@p I got mine for £800 all in fitting balance 

2 hours ago, meandmyself777 said:

That's funny I just checked black circles and they were £178 each plus £15 p@p I got mine for £800 all in fitting balance 

I ordered 4 x Continental 7 tyres for mine from Blackcircle on Tuesday as they had a flash sale with 15% off and got a phone call yesterday to say none in stock...will never get a penny of my money again.

7 hours ago, MJC1216 said:

I ordered 4 x Continental 7 tyres for mine from Blackcircle on Tuesday as they had a flash sale with 15% off and got a phone call yesterday to say none in stock...will never get a penny of my money again.

had that before , if you need them in a hurry buy elsewhere , i ordered a set for my tuned mk5 gti and after a week i got a call saying they had none and it would be another week , but they did arrive and they tend to be the cheapest.. its a shame the launch control issue is ruining one of the reasons i bought the car.. only do it now and again ive had the car for 6 months and only done it a few times but only time it worked properly was when it was stock so will hopefully get to the bottom of it monday

16 hours ago, meandmyself777 said:

I was looking on Sunday morning for them & even took a screen shot.

Maybe I should have pressed the buy button 🤔

blkcircles.png

12 minutes ago, Millsn said:

I finally got shot of the ps4 set I had. crashy. now have dunlop rt2's again and much happier - my preferred tyre

I had them on my Mk5 switched to, kumho ps71 much better in that car, as for PS4 Vs ps4s I guess it depends how you drive the car, if its grip and performance mainly in the dry and steering feel, ps4s , if you want something a bit more comfortable and a bit better in the wet and lasts longer then PS4 will be better suited, but you could make the argument for a daily its not worth the extra money..

I like the PS4 on my R (Cadiz - 18"). Grippy and has sharp turn in versus my previous Goodyear Asy3.

BUT - the flip side is I seem to do a lot of minute adjustments to steering while on a motorway etc. I've tested it several times by taking my hands off the wheel on a flat road or bit of motorway to see if it's alignment (e.g. the steering wheel starts to turn by itself or it pulls in a direction) - nope, just stays where I left it. 

Only way I can describe it is like a camera in a video game - it doesn't 'auto centre' after you've been moving it around. With the Goodyears they were not as grippy and didn't give the R a go-kart feel, but stability wise they were far more relaxing to use.

Not sure what I prefer in my R which is my daily...on paper the Goodyears should be the ones I use, my heart says PS4. Though on paper a 1.6 diesel Kia estate makes sense as a daily...