Heated Seats Inconsistency

The Kid

Among failing wheel bearings and a couple of other little bugs I had my dealer look at my seats today. 
The passenger seat heats on 3 to roughly the same as the drivers on 1. 
Dealers told me as it still heats to 3 levels VW warranty would do nothing until it stops heating all together. The would not entertain it heating at a much lower level as an issue. 
Anybody else had similar issues?

Don't have the electric seats so can't offer any comparison. So the passenger heat is only just adequate or the driver side too hot?  If it really worries you i'd get some temp readings (with a non invassive thermometer) to refer to, after up to temp, and go back to them in writing. If the temp is inadequate on max or too high on low, regardless that they still work to some degree is still a fault.

Of course, there is probably some fine print in the warranty policy that they will refer you too but the fact is one or the other is not working correctly. A warranty should not only cover the total failure of an item. surely it covers not operating correctly and other consumer protection laws bac this up like fitness for purpose in statutory protections......

3 hours ago, meandmyself777 said:

Mine are the same, I'm guessing its just poorly thought out heated seats, same goes for the automatic wipers, they are shi*

Ha. My wife loves the autowipers. I find them semi useful to leave on auto. But do find myself overuling them and choosing speed myself sometimes!!

46 minutes ago, fastandy said:

Ha. My wife loves the autowipers. I find them semi useful to leave on auto. But do find myself overuling them and choosing speed myself sometimes!!

They are okay in proper rain but useless in light drizzle, eventually you become unable to see and manually wipe the windscreen 

Both of my seats get equally hot at the 3 different settings - I haven't tested it recently though, so may try it later. That is a frustrating stance by VW though - "if it's only a bit broken, then we won't fix it". Apart from making it feel like you wet yourself on setting 3, they're also good for keeping takeaway bags warm. Never had a cold Nandos since I got my R. That reason alone is enough for me to scream at VW to fix it 😂

I also hate the auto wipers - useless in light rain - I end up pulling down on the stick to wipe when I want. On Auto I always get that moment when I'm staring at them like "FFS are you going to move or do you want me to die?". At least it has a clever auto emergency braking system to make up for the dumb rain sensor.

20 hours ago, meandmyself777 said:

They are okay in proper rain but useless in light drizzle, eventually you become unable to see and manually wipe the windscreen 

I find my R's Auto wipers are OK, but in light rain I do find myself adjusting the sensitivity a bit to get the result I want.